COVID-19 (coronavirus): Latest advice for the Bond community.

Information for students from Sweden

Bond has strong links with the Scandinavian countries, including Sweden. Many Swedish students have studied at Bond and we have a staff exchange arrangement with the Faculty of Law at Stockholm University, which several professors from both universities have participated in. 

Which law program should I take*?

  • One full-time semester as an undergraduate or postgraduate* Study Abroad student is equivalent to one semester of elective studies in Sweden.
  • A one-semester exchange (see below)
  • Bond University offers a one-semester Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice that consists of four subjects designed especially for civil law students
  • Bond also offers one-semester Diplomas in corporate and commercial law, international trade law, and dispute resolution.
  • Swedes who stay at Bond University for two semesters can obtain the degree of Master of Laws (LLM), after completing eight postgraduate subjects or six subjects and a 20,000 word research paper.

Language requirements

Bond normally requires international students to undertake a language test to demonstrate their English skills. If the required score is not obtained in the test, or if the student wants to improve their English skills, the Bond University College offers a preliminary language course on campus. Swedish students who apply through IEC can use their high school diploma as proof of their language skills; a grade of 4 or higher is required either in the core English subject or as an elective.

Student exchanges

Student exchange arrangements have been negotiated with the law faculties at Stockholm University and Uppsala University

* Swedish students who have successfully completed three or more years of full-time study are eligible to apply for postgraduate degrees and programs.