Esports is taking the world by storm. From those who want to be behind the keyboard, to those who’d prefer to be behind the scenes, the growing esports industry will employ many Australians in the future. There is so much more to the esports industry than just fun and games.
Rapid growth will see professionals employed in all aspects of the industry, from commercial partnerships to sport management and even the law. Those who succeed in riding the esports wave will be equipped with the skills and mindset to adapt and grow with the industry.
This course is delivered via six online modules:
- The origins, emergence and phenomenal growth of esports
- The esports ecosystem
- Esports and commerce: Getting down to business
- Managing and delivering an esports event
- Esports as sport: Is this for real?
- The future of esports: Emerging challenges and new directions
Students will also complete a one-day practical workshop covering engaging with the esports industry.