COVID-19 (coronavirus): Latest advice for the Bond community.

Cross institutional study

Applying for cross institutional study

You may be able to study subjects at another university and receive credit towards your Bond degree.

We call this 'cross-institutional study'.

Before you apply for cross institutional study

You must talk to your Enrolment Advisor and get their approval. They will assess whether the study is appropriate, and confirm whether you'll receive credit towards your  Bond degree.

If you are completing the subject  in your final semester, it may prevent you from attending the graduation ceremony.

If you're an Australian citizen or permanent visa holder, or a New Zealand citizen, make sure you don't exceed the equivalent of a full-time study load for a semester: 40 credit points (or equivalent) combined across Bond and the other university.

If you don't have any Bond subjects to study during that semester or teaching period, you must apply for a leave of absence.

I have a tuition fee paying place at Bond

If you have a tuition fee paying place at Bond, you may be eligible to apply for Commonwealth assistance at the other university. This would mean you could use a FEE-HELP loan to pay all or part of your fees for the subjects you study at the other university.

Contact the other university for more information.

If you hold a student visa, you're required to complete your program within the timeframe specified in your electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCOE). So it's important that you take on a full-time study load.

Receiving credit for studies at another university may shorten your program at  Bond.   You must make sure you maintain an enrolment load that will mean you can complete your program within the new specified duration.

Receiving advanced standing/credit towards your Bond degree

If you want to claim credit /advanced standing for the subjects you study at another university towards your Bond degree, do not enrol in equivalent Bond  subjects.

When you've successfully completed (passed) the subjects at the other university, you'll need to apply for credit towards your Bond program.

You will need an official academic transcript from the other university.