Create career opportunities
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Employers continue to seek graduates with a flexible skill set and knowledge across many disciplines, ensuring adaptability. A Master of Communication/ Master of Project Management at Bond allows graduates to gain a deeper understanding in both communication and project management. This combined degree option provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to expand their career paths and is professional recognised in the Project Management industry.
Graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerated degrees!
IMPORTANT: Effective June 2020, graduates of GAC-accredited programs will be awarded a substantial reduction in the experience requirement for all PMI certifications.
Intensive mode delivery
In addition to becoming knowledgeable in both communication and project management, students will learn through intensive mode delivery. This delivery method allows participants to receive 40 hours of combined lectures, discussion groups, case studies and workshops during contact hours per subject. International students are required to be on campus every week.
The Master of Project Management is accredited by RICS, PMI and AIPM.
Combined degree options
- Master of Architecture / Master of Project Management
- Master of Construction Practice / Master of Project Management
- Master of Sport Management / Master of Project Management
- Master of Sustainable Environments and Planning / Master of Project Management
- Master of Valuation and Property Development / Master of Project Management
- Master of International Relations / Master of Project Management
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Project Management
- Master of Communication / Master of Project Management
- Master of Criminology / Master of Project Management
- Learn via intensive mode delivery and gain professional accreditation
- Become knowledgeable in both communication and project management
- Learn from nationally and internationally recognised academics
About the program
The combined Masters degree in Communications and Project Management enables students interested in a career in corporate communications, public relations and strategic and cultural communication to acquire expertise in the planning, implementation and management of projects and programs. Show more
The combined Masters degree in Communications and Project Management enables students interested in a career in corporate communications, public relations and strategic and cultural communication to acquire expertise in the planning, implementation and management of projects and programs. The addition of project and program management skills enables graduates to access more strategic positions in their organisation and to be responsible for overseeing new initiatives involving the management of scope, time, cost and risk. Communications is also a key competency of project and program management, and it is therefore possible that students pursuing a project management career might wish to obtain a combined degree with communication. Students graduate with a Master of Communication and a Master of Project Management upon completion. Graduates of this combined degree are internationally recognised by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Architecture and Built Environment, Communication and Creative Media|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
You must complete all of the following subjects:
Foundation subjects (70cp)
- HUMR71-100 Research Methods and Data Visualisation
- PUBR71-102 Public Relations Masterclass
- COMN71-102 Social Media: Risks and Opportunities
- COMN71-103 Human Communication Theory
- ADVT71-102 Advertising Masterclass
- COMN71-104 Relational Communication
- COMN71-105 Strategic Organisational Communication & Leadership
- SDCM71-323 Expert Witness and Dispute Resolution
- SDIM71-201 Risk Management
- SSUD71-103 Principles of Project Management
- SSUD71-111 Project Finance and Procurement
- SSUD71-305 Project Portfolio and Program Management
- SSUD71-403 Project Resource Planning
General electives (10cp)
Student must choose one (1) subject from the list of available postgraduate subjects from across the University
Research option (40cp)
Students must choose one of the below options on commencement of their program
Plus two (2) general elective subjects
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $12,955* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $77,730
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 Bachelor degree in a field cognate to the proposed degree.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
Experience the Master of Project Management
Why the world needs more project managers
By 2027, the world will need 88.7 million project managers. PMI projects a potential loss of 27.9 billion US dollars across 11 countries if more skilled project managers do not join the workforce.
Professor Patching explains, the skills of project managers have changed in previous years and Bond’s undergraduate and postgraduate project management degrees are designed to equip graduates with the skills they need for the future role of the project manager.
Read more here.