About the scholarship
- Any country
- Architecture and Built Environment
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.
The Abedian Foundation has generously provided the Abedian Foundation Master of Architecture Scholarships to eligible students in recognition of Dr Soheil Abedian’s longstanding association with Bond University. The scholarships are awarded on academic merit to successful applicants commencing the Master of Architecture program at Bond University.
Two scholarships are awarded annually to students commencing the Master of Architecture program at Bond University in the January semester.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in the final semester, or have completed*, the Bachelor of Architectural Studies at Bond University;
- Be currently achieving, or have achieved, a minimum cumulative percentage average of 75% in the Bachelor of Architectural Studies;
- Submit a portfolio of relevant work produced during Bachelor degree candidature in support of their scholarship application;
- Be accepted for admission and offered a place in the Master of Architecture degree.
* The completed programs must have been completed within 2 years of the intended Master of Architecture program commencement year.
100% tuition remission for the 160cp Master of Architecture program funded jointly by the Abedian Foundation and Bond University.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed. Successful recipients will be announced on Thursday 17 October 2019 during the Abedian School of Architecture Lecture Series Event.
Students must complete and submit their scholarship application prior to the application closing date.
All applicants must lodge their personal statements via the scholarship application form or via email at [email protected] by the closing date.
On-line digital portfolio submission is required for all masters applications, however, to be eligible for the scholarship a hardcopy portfolio must be submitted by the scholarship application closing date. Submissions are to be made in person to: Mr Steven Watts, Resource Office (Level 2, Building 3, Sustainable Development, Bond University) or via post to: Mr Steven Watts, Resource Officer, Faculty of Society and Design, Bond University, 14 University Drive, Robina, QLD, 4226, Australia.
Hardcopy portfolios will be judged on the following criteria:
- Portfolio demonstrates well-developed creative design skills evidenced through project work documentation (photos of physical models, drawings, renderings, and other visualisations)
- Portfolio demonstrates overall aesthetic, technical, compositional, and spatial abilities
- Work is conceptually clear and demonstrates rigour
- Graphic layout of the portfolio pages, cover, craftsmanship and overall presentation of the portfolio as an artefact is high quality, easy to interpret and coherent.
- Work is clearly explained and clearly attributed (for example, where group work performed by others is included it must be identified as such)
Hardcopy portfolios must not exceed A3 size. Portfolios that are submitted in a case, sleeve, or bound in any non-standard fashion are acceptable, but must not exceed 300x420x50 overall dimension.
All submissions are treated in the strictest confidence and are provided to the Abedian Foundation for consideration. Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
The successful scholarship recipient must:
- Comply with Bond’s general scholarship terms and conditions.
- Maintain a minimum average of 65% or better in the Master of Architecture program.
- Be enrolled in the Master of Architecture program in the January semester.
- Attend the scholarship presentation ceremony.
- Submit a reflection and academic transcript at the end of each semester to the Abedian Foundation.
- Participate in promotional activities arranged by the Abedian Foundation and/or the University.
Scholarships are non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Acceptance of the scholarship implies agreement to meet these obligations.