About the scholarship
- Any country
- Architecture and Built Environment
Applications for this scholarship are now open and close on 22 November, 2020.
The Abedian Foundation has generously provided the Abedian Foundation Master of Architecture Scholarships to eligible students in recognition of Dr Soheil Abedian’s longstanding association with Bond University. The scholarships are awarded on academic merit to successful applicants commencing the Master of Architecture program at Bond University.
Two scholarships are awarded annually to students commencing the Master of Architecture program at Bond University in the January semester.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be currently achieving, or have achieved*, a minimum cumulative percentage average of 75% from a Bond University Bachelor of Architectural Studies or an equivalent degree from another institution.
- Submit a high-quality digital portfolio of relevant work produced during bachelor’s degree candidature in support of their scholarship application.
- Be accepted for admission and offered a place in the Master of Architecture degree.
100% tuition remission for the 160cp Master of Architecture program funded jointly by the Abedian Foundation and Bond University.
Applications for this scholarship are now open and close at midnight (AEST) on Sunday, 22 November, 2020.
Students must complete and submit their scholarship application prior to the application closing date.
As part of the scholarship application, students will be asked to submit a digital portfolio submission. You will be asked to include a link to your portfolio via your file sharing (e.g. We Transfer or Dropbox). Online portfolios will be judged on the following criteria:
- Portfolio demonstrates well-developed creative design skills evidenced through project work documentation (photos of physical models, drawings, renderings, and other visualisations)
- Portfolio demonstrates overall aesthetic, technical, compositional, and spatial abilities
- Work is conceptually clear and demonstrates rigour
- Graphic clarity and coherence of the portfolio as a visual document;
- Work is clearly explained and clearly attributed (for example, where group work performed by others is included it must be identified as such)
- PDF format only with a maximum file size of 30mb
All submissions are treated in the strictest confidence and are provided to the Abedian Foundation for consideration. Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be formally announced at the Abedian School of Architecture final reviews day at 10am on Tuesday, 8 December, 2020. Successful scholarship recipients will be expected to attend.
The successful scholarship recipient must:
- Comply with Bond’s general scholarship terms and conditions.
- Maintain a minimum average of 65% or better in the Master of Architecture program.
- Be enrolled in the Master of Architecture program in the January 2021 semester. No deferrals to a later semester will be considered.
- Submit a reflection and academic transcript at the end of each semester to the Abedian Foundation.
- Participate in promotional activities arranged by the sponsor and/or the University.
Scholarships are non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Acceptance of the scholarship implies agreement to meet these obligations.