Learn about Australia’s largest industry, right now
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
The property sector is Australia’s largest industry and second largest employer. Fulfilling the residential and non-residential needs of Australia continues to remain a priority and requires employers to hire graduates with the capabilities and skills to work in a dynamic and unpredictable market.
Now more than ever, graduates must combine their knowledge and skills with the advancements in technology to remain competitive. The Bachelor of Property at Bond encompasses a broad range of topics, including: construction, finance, and valuation. Students can graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerated degrees and apply their knowledge to a range of career paths.
Studying at Bond allows students to learn first-hand the intricacies of the property industry by being immersed in an infrastructure development hot-spot. The Gold Coast’s property sector continues to boom with an emphasis placed on cultural and economic development.
Gain professional accreditation
Gain professional accreditation
The Bachelor of Property is professionally recognised by some of Australia’s leading professional bodies. Students graduating with a Bachelor of Property can differentiate themselves when entering the workforce.
By learning in the University’s Sustainable Development Building, students will also be encouraged to expand their horizons and redefine the property industry of tomorrow, promoting sustainable practices. Students will experience Bond’s small class sizes and learn from nationally and internationally recognised academics in a collaborative environment. This allows students the opportunity to refine their skill set and apply their theoretical knowledge in practical settings.
The Property Council Academy is partnering with Bond University to offer participants in the Diploma programs a pathway of articulation into its dedicated Property program.
- Gain professional accreditation by some of the industry’s governing bodies
- Learn from nationally and internationally recognised industry professionals
- Graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerated degrees and kick start your career
About the program
The Bachelor of Property provides a foundation for careers in the property development and management industry and the opportunity to specialise in Property Valuation. The degree provides a comprehensive range of subjects including construction practices, feasibility studies, finance, investment and valuation, property markets, corporate real estate, land economy, sustainable development and urban development.
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Architecture and Built Environment|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The structure of the Bachelor of Property is based on 24 theoretical and practical subjects. This program is designed in close consultation with prominent industry professional boards to ensure the integrity and contemporary relevance of the degree.
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication (CORE 1)
- CORE11-002 Collaboration, Teams and Leadership (CORE 2)
- CORE11-003 Responsibility, Integrity and Civic Discourse (CORE 3)
Bachelor of Property subjects (19)
- Understanding Buildings 1 (SSUD11-101)
- Land Economy and the Environment (SSUD11-105)
- Planning Process (SSUD11-300)
- Transforming Places (SSUD11-103)
- Principles of Property Valuation (SSUD11-200)
- Real Estate Property Rights (SSUD11-106)
- Sustainable Development and Society (SSUD11-102)
- Accounting for Desicion Making (ACCT11-100)
- Property Development (SSUD12-100)
- Spatial Information Systems (SSUD12-200)
- Property Trusts, Finance and Taxation (SSUD12-202)
- Feasibility Analysis (SSUD13-102)
- Specialist and Statutory Valuation (SSUD13-328)
- Property Agency and Marketing (SSUD12-231)
- Property Asset Management (SSUD11-109)
- Development Assessment (SSUD13-221)
- Commercial Property Valuation (SSUD12-107)
- Land Use and Infrastructure Development (SDUP12-201)
- Capstone Project (SSUD13-300)
Students can choose 2 subjects (20CP) from the list of available subjects from across the University, provided they meet the subject requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $21,040* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $126,240
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Entry score for 2021 entry
|Min ATAR||Min OP||Min IB|
Visit our student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2020.
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
2021 Year 12 Entry
To ensure students are not disadvantaged by the COVID-19 pandemic, current Year 12 students can be assessed now for a guaranteed offer for 2021 entry conditional on the completion of Year 12. Applications will be assessed based on their first semester Year 12 results and meeting any subject prerequisite requirements for their program. Find out more.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
The global property market provides a variety of career opportunities for graduates in the property valuation, development and management sectors. Graduates who can demonstrate well-developed cognitive, technical and communication skills and the ability to select and apply methods and technologies relevant to professional practice are highly sought after in the property industry. Furthermore, as climate change has become a primary concern to most organisations, up to date qualifications in sustainability are also highly regarded.
The Bachelor of Property will provide you with a dynamic range of career pathways in the property industry. Our graduates are highly sought after upon graduation and employment opportunities include working in a variety of organisations as a:
- Property Valuer
- Property Developer
- Development Manager
- Property Manager
- Property Analyst
- Property Researcher
- Acquisition Analyst
- Project Development Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Property Officer
- Property Agency
- Corporate Asset and Facilities Manager
- Roles that are variations or multiples of the above
Graduates are also equipped with a comprehensive knowledge of sustainable development and will be able to seek work anywhere in Australia or around the world.
Students may leverage the skills and knowledge gained in this program by further studies in fields such as urban planning, law, finance, project management, business and accounting. Further training and experience may also enable additional certifications. For example, in the valuation of specialist properties such as major retail, plant and machinery and business enterprises.
Students may choose to undertake further studies in programs such as:
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Property are internationally recognised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Graduates of this program will also be recognised by the Australian Property Institute (API) for Associate Membership with Certified Property Practitioner Certification (CPP).
Students who complete the relevant Property Valuation subjects will qualify for certification with the Australian Property Institute as a Certified Practising Valuer and registration as a Valuer with the Valuers Registration Board of Queensland. Note: additional industry experience criteria are also required to obtain those certifications.
As a graduate of Bond’s Bachelor of Property, you will have a competitive edge in your career. Employer satisfaction with graduates from Bond University has been rated highest in Australia for two years in a row, according to the 2019 Employer Satisfaction Survey published by the Department of Education and Training.