Explore your possibilities in Exercise and Sports Performance
Do you have a passion for the science of exercise, sport, health and fitness? Why not turn this passion into a career with our Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Performance at Bond. Immerse yourself in exercise, sport, health and fitness studies while undertaking practical experiences in world class facilities and Australian sport and fitness industry placements.
Students studying the program are exposed to real-world learning through small group work, research projects and active learning within the Bond Institute of Health and Sport with a significant proportion of the degree offering practical experience with Australian sport and fitness organisations and schools.
Not only will you graduate with these career-ready experiences, you'll be stepping into the next chapter of your exercise and sports performance career by graduating sooner with Bond's accelerated degrees.
This program is delivered at the world-class Bond Institute of Health and Sport, where you will gain exceptional, high quality practical experience in our award winning high performance gym, health science laboratories and sport research laboratories.
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Performance has been recognised by the National Strength and Conditioning Association as part of its Education Recognition Program. This entitles graduates of the program to be eligible to sit the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist exam.
- Practical experiences within the National Strength and Conditioning Association accredited (Strength of America) Bond University High-Performance Training Centre
- Undertake discounted industry certifications in strength and conditioning, sports first aid and CPR, massage and sports strapping
- Undertake industry placements, group research projects, work experiences and volunteer experiences with Australian high-performance sport
- Engage with new technologies in sport performance including GPS technology, video analysis and athlete management software
- Small class sizes with world leading exercise and sport science academic staff
- Opportunities for international exchanges with Ireland and the Solomon Islands
About the program
The Bond University Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Performance equips you with comprehensive knowledge and applied skills in health, fitness and sport performance. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the basic and applied sciences as they apply to personal and community health and fitness, and sport performance at all levels. Show more
The Bond University Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Performance equips you with comprehensive knowledge and applied skills in health, fitness and sport performance. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the basic and applied sciences as they apply to personal and community health and fitness, and sport performance at all levels. Focusing on real-world learning, this program is delivered by award-winning teaching staff through significant practical experience and authentic assessment to maximise employment outcomes for graduates. This program allows you the flexibility to tailor your studies to your interests and career aspirations by choosing from a range of subdisciplines, including biomechanics; exercise testing, prescription and delivery; or physiology and biochemistry of exercise, as well as electives in entrepreneurship and innovation, sport management, and tourism and events management.
This program is primarily delivered at the Bond Institute of Health and Sport where you will gain high-quality and practical learning experiences through our National Strength and Conditioning Association-accredited High-Performance Training Centre. These facilities provide sports science testing, training and recovery services to state, national and international athletes and teams. You will also gain industry accreditations in Strength and Conditioning as well as Sport First Aid. The program prepares graduates for exciting career opportunities in exercise and sports performance including strength and conditioning as well as providing an accelerated undergraduate pathway to graduate-entry studies including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nutrition and dietetic practice, and high-performance sports science. Show less
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Health Sciences, Sport|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
- The Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Performance will provide you with an accelerated undergraduate pathway to postgraduate studies in sports science, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nutrition and dietetics, as well as broader sporting allied health programs.
Successful completion of this degree guarantees graduates an interview for the following Bond University programs*:
You can also undertake higher degree qualifications through a masters by research and PhD in areas such as exercise and sport physiology, exercise biochemistry and molecular biology, exercise and sport psychology, biomechanics, motor control and learning and strength and conditioning.
*As entry into these programs is highly competitive, an offer may be dependent on a candidate's final GPA and interview outcomes.
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Performance will equip you with a strong understanding of exercise and sport performance. Graduates of this degree may seek employment in a range of careers around the world that may include:
- Community health
- Community fitness
- Corporate health
- Aged care
- Athletic / sport program coordinator
- Health education
- Strength and conditioning in community, school, college or university settings
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Performance comprises 24 subjects, as follows:
- Critical Thinking and Communication (CORE11-001)
- Foundations of Exercise and Sports Science (SPEX11-102)
- Principles of Human Structure and Function (BMED11-109)
- Sport, Health and Exercise Psychology (SPEX11-104)
- Leadership and Team Dynamics (CORE11-102)
- Chemistry for Living Systems (BMED11-114)
- Human Organ Systems 1 (BMED11-110)
- Ethical Thought and Action (CORE11-003)
- Biochemistry of Exercise and Sport (SPEX11-103)
- Functional Anatomy (SPEX11-113)
- Biomechanics of Exercise and Sport (SPEX11-304)
- Physiology and Biochemistry of Exercise and Sport (SPEX12-312)
- Exercise and sport for Lifelong Health (SPEX13-337)
- Exercise and Testing, Prescription and Delivery (SPEX13-335)
- Health Research Methods (HPER12-101)
- Advanced Biomechanics of Exercise and Sport (SPEX13-339)
- Advanced Exercise Testing, Prescription and Delivery (SPEX13-338)
- Exercise and Sports Performance Practice and Practicum - Capstone Project (SPEX13-300)
Students can choose 6 General Elective Subjects from the following list (60CP):
- Behaviour Change to Enhance Health (SPEX13-334)
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition (NUTR12-101)
- Motor Control and Learning in Exercise and Sport (SPEX12-311)
- Advanced Physiology and Biochemistry of Exercise and Sport (SPEX13-336)
- Entrepreneurial Growth (ENFB13-300)
- Creativity and Innovation (ENFB13-302)
- Bond Business Accelerator (ENFB13-306)
- Marketing (MKTG11-100)
- Consumer and Buyer Behaviour (MKTG12-301)
- Promotional Design and Planning (MKTG13-302)
- Internet and Social Media Marketing (MKTG13-312)
- Digital and Direct Marketing (MKTG13-319)
- High Performance Sport Management (SPMT13-125)
- Sport Development (SPMT12-121)
- International Sport Business (SPMT12-124)
- Sport Organisation, Governance and Policy (SPMT11-115)
- Contemporary Issues in Hospitality and Tourism Management (HRTM12-204)
- Tourism Analysis and Evaluation (HRTM12-206)
- Adventure Tourism (HRTM12-214)
- Event Management (HRTM12-209)
- Introduction to Communication (COMN11-101)
- Advertising Principles and Practice (ADVT11-100)
- Direct Response and Writing for Advertising (ADVT12-200)
- Advertising Communications and Channel Planning (ADVT12-241)
- Media Relations (PUBR12-235)
- Public Relations Writing (PUBR12-250)
- Public Relations Campaigns and Strategies (PUBR13-312)
- Sport Public Relations (PUBR13-314)
- Public Relations Principles and Practice (PUBR11-100)
- Responsible and Sustainable Business (MGMT11-201)
- Human Resource Management (MGMT13-305)
- Managing Strategic Change (MGMT13-311)
- Leadership (MGMT13-320)
- Negotiation (MGMT13-321)
- Cross Cultural Management (MGMT13-324)
*Subject names and structure may change.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2019 fees: $19,080 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
- 2020 fees: $20,040 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
In addition, this program requires successful completion of:
- English, and
- Mathematics at the level of Mathematics A or equivalent; and
- One (1) of Physical Education or Biology or Physics or Science 21 or equivalent.
Visit our student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2019.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Performance will provide you with an accelerated undergraduate pathway to postgraduate studies in physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nutrition and dietetics, as well as broader sporting and allied health programs.
Successful completion of this degree guarantees graduates an interview for the following Bond University programs*:
* As entry into these programs is highly competitive, an offer may be dependent on a candidate’s final GPA and interview outcomes.
Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
A program which may be of interest is our Bachelor of Exercise & Sports Science program. This program is accredited with Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA) with a January intake, and is still a pathway to our Doctor of Physiotherapy, Master of Occupational Therapy and Master of Nutrition & Dietetic Practice. Find out more about the program here.
Bond University boasts world class teaching facilities that create an invigorating learning environment. View some of the exercise and sports science facilities below.