|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
The Managing People subject provides an introduction to the field of organisational behaviour. The subject emphasises understanding, predicting, and influencing behaviour in organisations using insights gained from theory, empirical research, and sharing of practical experience. The facet that differentiates this subject from traditional organisational behaviour modules is the focus on self-assessment, self-insight, self-management and leadership. Topics discussed include: Work group dynamics and team decision making; Individual differences; Understanding how perceptions and attitudes affect behaviour at work; Motivation; Current models of motivation and job design; Conflict management and resolution; Leadership effectiveness; Organisational and national culture effects on individual and organisational behaviour. Methods used throughout the semester include lecture and readings, experiential exercises, self-assessment instruments, written and verbal assignments, video critiques, case discussions, and group discourse.
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual differences (e.g., values, personality, attitudes & perceptions) to anticipate, recognise and resolve interpersonal issues.
- Apply knowledge of perception, decision-making and conflict models to implement ethical and effective approaches for individual and group decisions.
- Apply theories of motivation to analyse situations and implement actions to maximize individual and collective outcomes.
- Apply knowledge of leadership principles and group processes to analyse and evaluate group dynamics to improve individual and collective performance.
- Apply the social, structural and other cultural and contextual factors of organisations to understand and anticipate the behaviour of organisational members.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically reflect on and learn from personal experience to enable continued development.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
- May 2023 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2023]]
- January 2023 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2023]]
- September 2022 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2022]]
- May 2022 [Standard - Standard [May 2022]]
- January 2022 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2022]]
- September 2021 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2021]]
- May 2021 [Standard - Standard [May 2021]]
- January 2021 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2020]]
- May 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2020]]
- January 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2020]]
- September 2019 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2019]]
- January 2019 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2019]]
- September 2018 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2018]]
- January 2018 [Standard - Standard [January 2018]]
- September 2017 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2017]]
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 03/10/2022 Subject start: 03/10/2022 Cancellation 1: 15/10/2022 Cancellation 2: 18/10/2022 Last enrolment: 13/10/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 26/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 10/11/2022 Teaching census: 25/10/2022
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 06/02/2023 Subject start: 06/02/2023 Cancellation 1: 18/02/2023 Cancellation 2: 21/02/2023 Last enrolment: 08/02/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 01/03/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 16/03/2023 Teaching census: 28/02/2023
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 05/06/2023 Subject start: 05/06/2023 Cancellation 1: 12/06/2023 Cancellation 2: 13/06/2023 Last enrolment: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 18/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 25/06/2023 Teaching census: 17/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||26/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||10/11/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||01/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||16/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Financial:||18/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||25/06/2023|