Learning to take advantage of opportunities in the global financial markets while managing the associated risks is the aim of this advanced finance subject. The primary themes include understanding the nature of international financial markets, risk management and hedging by firms with international operations, the advantages and disadvantages of the diverse sources of funds available from international financial markets and issues related to cross-border and multi-currency valuation. You will apply theoretical frameworks to analyse the macroeconomic environment of international finance and employ an array of financial instruments and tools for managing foreign exchange and country risk, raising capital in the global financial markets and valuing cross-border investments. The case method is central to the learning approach used in this subject, highlighting a number of contemporary organisations and issues in international finance. The material draws on and extends theories and concepts from previous subjects to provide an in-depth understanding of the themes noted above.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Demonstrate knowledge of basic theorems of exchange rate determination, interest rates and inflation and the role of arbitrage in keeping the foreign exchange market efficient.
2. Apply knowledge of foreign exchange hedging to identify and manage the foreign exchange risks faced by globally active firms.
3. Demonstrate the ability to select global financing strategies and propose solutions that will take advantage of opportunities in the global financial markets to the benefit of relevant stakeholders.
4. Demonstrate the ability to deliver an effective oral presentation with appropriate visuals.
5. Demonstrate the ability to produce a clear and concise written report that demonstrates higher order understanding of key concepts in international finance.
6. Demonstrate the ability to work in a team setting to coordinate analysis of a case study to arrive at a sound financial decision regarding an issue in capital raising and international valuation.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|