Financial decision making is a core life skill, essential for a comfortable lifestyle. But with constant changes to the way people make purchases, an ever-increasing number of choices, the complexity of investment options, and the rise of sophisticated scams, financial decision making can be stressful.
This course is designed to provide you with basic tools and knowledge to assist you in navigating life financially. You will develop practical skills to build a budget, make smart financial decisions, and gain an introduction to the methods and strategies for investing.
This course is delivered via nine online modules and a one-day practical workshop covering the following topics:
- Introduction to your personal financial future
- Building a budget
- Savings options
- Making smart consumer decisions
- Responsible borrowing and debt management
- Introduction to investing
- Planning for the future
- Ethics and social responsibility in finance
- Putting knowledge into practice
Students will then develop their own personal financial plan throughout the practical workshop.