About the scholarship
- Currently completing high school, Completed high school and applying for undergraduate studies
- Actuarial Science, Architecture and Built Environment, Business and Commerce, Communication and Creative Media, Health Sciences, Hotel and Tourism, International Relations and Humanities, Law, Social Sciences, Psychology and Counselling, Sport
Excellence Scholarships offer up to 50% tuition remission for either a single or approved combined* undergraduate degree (excluding the Bond Medical Program) and are awarded to students who demonstrate high academic achievement, leadership skills and community involvement.
*Visit our Undergraduate Program webpage to see a full list of the approved combined degrees.
Excellence Scholarships are available to eligible applicants beginning their study at Bond University in either the January, May or September semester.
Students who meet the below criteria may be eligible to apply for an Excellence Scholarship:
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident currently completing or completed* Year 12 (or equivalent) inside or outside of Australia AND
- Be predicted to achieve or have previously achieved a minimum ATAR 92.00 or IB Diploma 34.
- Hold demonstrated record of leadership, initiative and service to their School and/or Community.
- Meet the standard entry requirements for their chosen program of study.
*Year 12 completion must not be more than 12 months prior to program commencement and the applicant must not have commenced any post-secondary studies. For example, students who completed Year 12 (or equivalent) in December 2019, may be eligible to apply for this scholarship to commence in the January 2021 semester.
All Excellence Scholars are expected to maintain the level of academic and personal excellence that distinguished them as applicants.
Excellence Scholarships cover up to 50% tuition for any single or approved combined undergraduate degree (excluding the Bond Medical Program).
How to apply
Applications for January 2021 are now open online and close Sunday, 6 September, 2020.
We encourage students to apply for as many scholarships as they are eligible for. Students will only be considered for the scholarships they have applied for.
Students must complete and submit their scholarship application prior to the application closing date. No late scholarship applications will be considered. If you are applying for more then one scholarship with different application closing dates, it is important to submit your scholarship application form by the earliest scholarship closing date.
Excellence Scholarship applicants will be required to submit the following documents as part of their scholarship application:
- A School reference. If you are in your final year of high school then you will be asked to provide your Career Advisors details as part of the scholarship application form and we will follow-up with them directly to provide a reference. If you are not in your final year of high school then you can upload your school reference to your online scholarship application;
- Evidence of your leadership, initiative, and service to your school and/or community. Please use the Summary of Achievements template to present this evidence and upload as one Word or PDF document; and
- Essay responses to two questions as per the below. Essay responses should be written in a Word document and uploaded as part of the scholarship application:
- What would you say is your greatest talent or skill? How have you developed and demonstrated that talent over time? (200 – 300 words)
- Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to overcome this challenge. How has this challenge affected your academic achievement? (200 – 300 words)
Download a copy of our Year 12 Scholarship Guide for FAQ's and tips for your application.