About the scholarship
Applications for this scholarship are now open and will close on 1 August, 2018.
At Bond University we look beyond academic achievement when searching for our next leading business executive, film producer, Olympian or senior legal counsel. The ADCO Sports Excellence Scholarship celebrates this by awarding sporting scholarships to outstanding sports men and women from around Australia with the chance to help fund their tertiary studies.
These scholarships open the door to applicants with high achievements in the sporting arena to our personalised education, fast-tracked degree options and small classes.
1 x ADCO Sports Excellence Scholarship is available to new commencing students in the following year, January semester.
- Available to domestic students applying for a single undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Bond University (with the exception of the Bond Medical Program, Doctor of Physiotherapy, Master of Psychology, and Master of Creative Arts).
- Applicants must demonstrate outstanding and current involvement in their chosen sport (preference given to Olympic sports) via a detailed sporting resume and submission of at least two relevant references.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership capabilities.
- Applicants must meet the prerequisites and the admissions requirements for their chosen degree.
- Submission of a summary of achievements.
- 50% tuition scholarship for any single undergraduate degree or single postgraduate degree (excludes the Bond Medical Program, Doctor of Physiotherapy, Master of Psychology; Clinical and Forensic and Master of Creative Arts).
- A $10,000 bursary will be awarded as a cash payment and made directly to the scholar’s Bond student account. $10,000 cash bursary per year of study for a maximum of 2 years (or pro-rated for part-time students to a maximum of $20,000).
Students must complete and submit their scholarship application prior to the application closing date of 1 August 2018. No late scholarship applications will be considered. If you are applying for more then one scholarship with different application closing dates, it is important to submit your scholarship application form by the earliest scholarship closing date.
Scholarship applicants will be required to submit the following documents as part of their scholarship application:
- A detailed sporting resume, summary of achievements, and at least two relevant references from individuals who can support sporting achievements; and,
- A personal statement outlining why you have applied for the scholarship and what makes you a good candidate for this scholarship.
Download our scholarship application and FAQ's help sheet.
- The scholar is required to represent Bond University in their chosen sport where reasonably possible. For example: Club Sport, Northern University Games, Australian University Games /Championships, World University Games.
- The scholar is required to attend Bond University’s annual Blues Awards.
- The scholar is required to update the University with their sporting achievements and allow Bond University to promote these achievements.
- The scholar must promote ADCO and Bond University wherever relevant during their sporting activities or media opportunities.
- The scholar must update ADCO and the University of their academic and sporting progress on a semester basis.
- The scholar must apply to become a member of Bond’s Elite Sports Program (BESP) and meet with the BESP Manager during each semester of study.