The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they’re on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
This program is not available to domestic students. Please see Master of Business.
A Master of Business (Professional) from Bond University is designed for anyone aspiring to a management role, a manager seeking formal qualifications or simply looking for a career change.
Designed for international students, the Master of Business (Professional) follows the same structure as a Master of Business program plus an additional 20-week work integrated learning component to ensure you will get the real-world experience before you graduate.
This program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. The program can also be customised to suit your career interests by selecting a specialisation.
Campus and Bond University Experience
For the past 15 years, Bond University has been recognised as Australia’s number one university for student experience according to the Good Universities Guide. In addition, The Bond Business School rates number one in Australia for business and management in Learner Engagement, Learning Resources, Overall Quality of Educational Experience, Skills Development, Student Support and Teaching Quality.
As a Bond student, you will have unparalleled access to the Bond FinTech Hub. Our students gain practical experience in executing deals, managing portfolios, trading financial securities and changing market conditions. Access to these facilities prepare our graduates to ‘hit the ground running’ in financial organisations. Bond Business School has 40 Bloomberg terminals, the most of any university in Australia and officially a member of the Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner (ELP) Program. We are proudly 1 of only 3 universities in Australia to achieve this partnership.
- Have the opportunity to gain industry experience while you study
- Be mentored by leading academics. Even outside of class time, our academics have an open door policy that means they will not only know you by name, they’ll actively mentor your progress
- Learn in small class sizes. Our high student to teacher ratio opens doors to industry placements, global networking, research projects, job opportunities and help whenever you need it
- Experience global business environments with international Study Tours
- Access to an array of state-of-the-art learning resources including the Bond FinTech Hub, Commercialisation Centre, Centre for Data Analytics and Transformer
- Unparalleled access to Bloomberg terminals with the opportunity to gain a Bloomberg certification during your degree and unlock your potential for more job opportunities in the global market
About the program
The program provides students with a solid foundation in a variety of business practices, plus the ability to gain a specialisation. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Business program with an additional 20-week Professional component. The program focuses on developing self-analysis and reflective learning skills and applying theoretical solutions for practical workplace problems. Show more
The program provides students with a solid foundation in a variety of business practices, plus the ability to gain a specialisation. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Business program with an additional 20-week Professional component. The program focuses on developing self-analysis and reflective learning skills and applying theoretical solutions for practical workplace problems. The program also provides global networking opportunities. The program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, make ethical and responsible business decisions, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Business with practical insights delivered through case studies, guest lectures and work-integrated learning. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Business (Professional) program comprises 13 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (8)
- ACCT71-600 Accounting Principles
- ECON71-600 Economics For Business
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- MGMT71-104 Managing People
- MGMT71-301 International Human Resource Management
- MGMT71-311 Managing Strategic Change
- MKTG71-600 Marketing Fundamentals
- STAT71-102 Analysis and Application
Plus Professional subject (1)
(students must complete one (1) of the following subjects)
*Please note that the Professional Portfolio or Professional Development subject is a 20-week, 45-credit point subject and is taken in the last semester of the program once all other coursework subjects have been completed. The Career Development Centre will provide assistance in choosing the relevant professional subject prior to your last semester.
- Students can choose 4 General Elective Subjects (40CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also use all of their electives to take a specialisation (4 Subjects) from the list below
- Big Data
- Health Management
- International Business
- Tourism Management
- Please visit the Major, minor and specialisation study areas for guidance on specialisations.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee. Professional program fees include four standard full time semesters plus a final semester professional subject, which is charged at a different rate to a standard semester of coursework.
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $67,410
- Students commencing study in 2022: $68,190
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 Bachelor degree at an approved institution.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
A Master of Business (Professional) will provide you with a strong business foundation and vital industry connections that enhance your employment possibilities upon graduation. It is a highly sought after qualification which can be applied to all industries.
Our graduates are highly sought after upon graduation and employable as a:
- Business Development Manager
- Marketing & Digital Business Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Senior Business Analyst
- Senior Marketing Officer
- Acquisitions Manager
High achieving students will be encouraged to complete their Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) with the Business School’s Governance, Accountability and Purpose (GAP) Research Group.
Bond is one of only seven universities in Australia, the only one in Queensland, to offer the fully accredited program by the Actuaries Institute and has recognition agreements with the Society of Actuaries (worldwide).
Bond Business School is among less than 7% of the world’s 13,000 business programs to have earned accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and less than 2% have earned European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation. Bond Business School is both AACSB and EQUIS accredited placing us in the top 2% of Business Schools in the world.
Bond Business School is also 1 of 4 universities in Australia who are members of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a tangible statement of the significant contribution our programs make to graduate management education.
At Bond, we believe education goes beyond the classroom. Our unique Beyond Bond program will expand your horizons with internships, global volunteering programs, international competitions, industry conferences, study tours, community service and much, much more.