About the program
The Diploma of Health Sciences offers a broad foundation in biological and chemical sciences where you will gain an understanding of basic and applied sciences, including the anatomical, molecular and physiological processes of human health and function. You will develop technical scientific and research skills using some of the latest research equipment, which can be applied across a broad range of industries. Successful completion of the Diploma of Health Sciences program guarantees students a place in the Bachelor of Health Sciences program, with a possible 80 credit points credited towards their degree. Students are advised to check degree study structures online to confirm for which subjects they may receive credit.
Successful completion of the Diploma of Health Sciences will provide students with either a pathway to the Bond University undergraduate degree or career pathways in a broad range of opportunities in health Promotion, health education and health administration.
The Diploma of Health Sciences is comprised of 8 compulsory subjects and 1 compulsory skills building subject. Students must complete the following eight (8) subjects for the Diploma of Health Sciences:
- Academic Skills (BCAS01-020)*
- Introduction to Global Citizenship (BCDP02-033)
- Critical Thinking and Communication (BCDP02-101)
- Leadership and Team Dynamics (BCDP01-102)
- Ethical Thought and Action (BCDP02-103)
- Introduction to Chemistry (BCDP02-050)
- Cell Biology (BCDP02-051)
- Chemistry for Living Systems (BCDP02-052)
- Principles of Human Structure and Function (BCDP02-053)
*Academic Skills is a compulsory 0 credit point subject that provides you with core academic skills including referencing, academic writing and time management. It must be completed in your first semester (weeks 1 to 5). Recommended study plan For information regarding appropriate enrolment for each semester, we recommend that students see the Program structure and sequence webpage.
Recommended Study Plan
For information regarding appropriate enrolment for each semester, we recommend that students see the Program structure and sequence webpage
Entry into the Diploma of Health Sciences requires the successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent (OP 16 to 18/ATAR 60.20 to 54.20). Bond University College offers Tertiary Preparation programs (Foundation Program and University Preparation Program) for students who do not currently have the required academic qualifications.
- Work experience - ANZCO Skill level 3 for 1 year full-time equivalent
- Incomplete Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation (passing grades in 2 subjects)
- STAT result of 144
- OP ineligible Schedule equivalent rank to OP 16 to 21
English language requirements
- Pass in Bond University College EAP Level 2, or
- IELTS 6.0 (no subscore less than 5.5)