Today’s rapidly changing work environment requires employees to acquire dynamic and flexible skills. The Bachelor of Communication (Business) is designed to equip students with the theoretical knowledge and practical experience to enable them to step into an organisation and start assisting with the development and implementation of communication strategies and marketing plans
What can you do with your degree?
A communication and marketing strategist is a strategic thinker responsible for creating and implementing tactical marketing, advertising, and public relations initiatives across diverse organisations to build market presence, nurture reputation, and foster relationships with important publics. Career opportunities may include marketing and communications officer, digital marketing coordinator, advertising manager, communications manager, or public relations and social media manager.
Social media manager
A social media manager creates and maintains brand promotions, information about a company, and marketing campaigns across social media. These managers keep up with industry and technological trends and work alongside creative groups such as public relations and sales to drive lead generation campaigns. Some tasks they perform are content creation, monitoring social analytics, devising a social network strategy, and engaging with audiences.
A brand strategist develops strategic plans to help a business sell products and services to its target audiences. Some responsibilities of a brand strategist are to create proposals that help a company stand out from competitors, find trends in market data, develop strategies to engage audiences, create marketing materials, make presentations to highlight their research, and work with other creative departments such as public relations and advertising.
A career in journalism will be exciting and exhilarating – journalists take their passion for writing to create and present compelling news articles and stories. A journalist has the skillset to write for magazines, newspapers, online websites and publications, or television as well as present on radio, podcasts, television, and other online mediums. They also have the skillset to conduct research and present content in a clear and compelling way.
Program learning outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes provide a broad and measurable set of standards that incorporate a range of knowledge, skills and abilities that will be achieved on completion of the program. These outcomes will help you determine whether this program aligns with your professional pathway, career and learning goals.
View Bachelor of Communication (Business) learning outcomes
- Describe the Communication discipline including its origins, broad nature, contemporary debates, and distinguishing features as a field of study by articulating the importance of communication expertise in career development and civic engagement, and the diverse career pathways available.
- Apply a strong body of theoretical and practical knowledge about marketing and human communication within global, social, political, economic, and cultural contexts to marketing and communication inquiry.
- Create and critically analyse messages appropriate to audience, purpose, and context by selecting, adapting, and presenting messages to meet the diverse needs of individuals, groups, and contexts.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical, creative, and critical thinking skills in written, oral, marketing, and other communication practice underpinned by collaboration, adaptability, agility, and ethical decision-making to accomplish communicative goals.
- Apply diverse communication skills and attributes to engage in public discourse by recognising, appreciating, respecting, and embracing individual and cultural similarities and differences.
How you can further develop your skills
CRICOS Code: 078662F
Master of Arts (Coursework) - HS-23094Read more about Master of Arts (Coursework) - HS-23094
CRICOS Code: 078660G
Master of Communication - HS-23095Read more about Master of Communication - HS-23095
CRICOS Code: 063308C
Master of Communication (Professional) - HS-23080Read more about Master of Communication (Professional) - HS-23080