About the Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice
The Bond University Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice (CREBP) is being established to support research into Evidence-Based Practice initially based on the NHMRC Australia Fellowship grant awarded to Professor Paul Glasziou. As a leader in Evidence-Based Medicine, Professor Glasziou’s work is to improve health care by developing better communication between clinicians and researchers, and a clearer understanding of the causes of, and solutions to, gaps between research evidence and its application in practice.
The key areas of focus will be to better understand the gaps between research evidence and its application in practice, including areas such as: the applicability of treatments to individuals, the effectiveness of diagnostic and disease monitoring processes, and the cognitive processes underpinning clinicians’ decisions about diagnosis and treatment.
For news, events, projects and further information about the Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice, please visit: http://www.crebp.net.au/
CREBP is associated with the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.
- To undertake research to close the gaps between research-practice and clinical monitoring
- To lead and facilitate the Teaching and Learning of Evidence-Based Medicine
- To support and extend international collaborations and promote the interchange of researchers in and out of Australia
- To develop young researchers for sustained research programs
CREBP will undertake research about the processes and implementation of Evidence-Based Medicine, in order to more intelligently and efficiently close the gaps between best available evidence and current clinical practice. The effective integration of research into practice will contribute to the health and healthcare of Australians. This research will enhance Bond University as a leading private and independent University.
Management and advisory board
- Professor Paul Glasziou - Centre Director
- Professor Chris Del Mar - Professor of Public Health
- Assistant Professor Chrissy Erueti- Centre Manager
- Associate Professor Elaine Beller - Biostatistician
- Professor Jenny Doust- Clinical Epidemiologist
- Professor Tammy Hoffmann- Clinical Epidemiologist
- Doctor Rae Thomas - Senior Research Fellow
- Doctor Amanda McCullough - Post Doctoral Fellow
- Dr Ray Moynihan - Senior Research Assistant
- Dr Anna Scott - Senior Research Fellow
Our International Scientific Advisory Board members
The Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice is pleased to have a range of international experts to form the Centre Advisory Board including:
- Professor Rod Jackson, Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Professor R. Brian Haynes OC, MD, PhD, Health Information Research Unit, McMaster University, Canada
- Professor Doug Altman, Centre for Statistics in Medicine, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Sir Ian Chalmers, The James Lind Initiative, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Professor Susan Michie, Research Dept of Clinical, Education & Health Psychology, University College of London, United Kingdom
- Professor Sharon Straus, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada