A professional career in business you can take around the world
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they’re on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
If you’re looking for a change in your professional career and require a strong grounding in business, then a Master of Business (Professional) at Bond University is a step in the right direction. This professional program will provide you with the foundations in a variety of business practices, plus the ability to gain a specialisation in finance, international business, marketing, big data or digital business. This program follows the same structure as the Master of Business program plus an additional 20-week work integrated learning component to ensure you will get real-world experience before you graduate. Every student who achieves a GPA of 2.0 by their penultimate semester has the opportunity to complete an internship as part of this program.
The Transformer: be a game changer
What our students say
- Learn in smaller classes.
- Unparalleled access to Bond Business School's two financial trading rooms and 40 Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals.
- Access to the Business School’s formal mentor program where you will be supported by academic staff, senior students and alumni.
- Bond postgraduate degrees are internationally recognised and accredited worldwide.
About the program
The program provides students with a solid foundation in a variety of business practices, plus the ability to gain a specialisation. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Business program with an additional 20-week Professional component. The program focuses on developing self-analysis and reflective learning skills and applying theoretical solutions for practical workplace problems. Show more
The program provides students with a solid foundation in a variety of business practices, plus the ability to gain a specialisation. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Business program with an additional 20-week Professional component. The program focuses on developing self-analysis and reflective learning skills and applying theoretical solutions for practical workplace problems. The program also provides global networking opportunities. The program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, make ethical and responsible business decisions, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Business with practical insights delivered through case studies, guest lectures and work-integrated learning. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Business (Professional) program comprises 13 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (8)
- ACCT71-600 Accounting Principles
- ECON71-600 Economics For Business
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- MGMT71-104 Managing People
- MGMT71-301 International Human Resource Management
- MGMT71-311 Managing Strategic Change
- MKTG71-600 Marketing Fundamentals
- STAT71-102 Analysis and Application
Plus Professional subject (1)
(students must complete one (1) of the following subjects)
*Please note that the Professional Portfolio or Professional Development subject is a 20-week, 45-credit point subject and is taken in the last semester of the program once all other coursework subjects have been completed. The Career Development Centre will provide assistance in choosing the relevant professional subject prior to your last semester.
- Students can choose 4 General Elective Subjects (40CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also use all of their electives to take a specialisation (4 Subjects) from the list below
- Big Data
- Health Management
- International Business
- Tourism Management
- Please visit the Major, minor and specialisation study areas for guidance on specialisations.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee. Professional program fees include four standard full time semesters plus a final semester professional subject, which is charged at a different rate to a standard semester of coursework.
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $73,110
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 Bachelor degree in a field cognate to the proposed degree.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
Master of Business (Professional) graduates will have highly developed planning, analytical and interpersonal skills that will enable them to professionally advance their career prospects in business. The program also provides global networking opportunities.