An MBA Professional from Australia starts at Bond
The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
The Master of Business Administration (Professional) has been redesigned to provide students with key functional knowledge, focused expertise and greater flexibility. Designed for international students, the program includes an additional 20-week Work Integrated Learning component, designed to promote and support learning, personal development and professional practice in the Australian business environment.
Developed using the pillars of innovation, data analytics and business transformation, and with a focus on evidence-based decision making, Bond’s program develops global leaders who think critically, creatively and strategically.
Core functional bootcamps
- Eight functional bootcamp subjects which are delivered in an intensive, immersive experience.
- Bond’s Business Engineering process draws together our research strength, differentiating ourselves from the MBA marketplace. Students will learn to use creative thought, data analytics, and strategic management to learn how to transform organisations including a Business Transformation capstone subject.
- Students can choose any postgraduate elective in the Business School, assuming prior knowledge has been met. The flexibility and customisation have been introduced to help students study what is right for them and their career aspirations.
The Transformer: be a game changer.
What our alumni say
- Every student will receive an academic mentor to help them to tailor the program to their career ambitions
- Harvard case methods are incorporated in every core subject where students will analyse real-world business challenges
- Diverse MBA cohort with over 20 nationalities represented, providing you with cross-cultural experiences while you study and rich global network afterwards
About the program
The Bond MBA (Professional) provides students with a solid foundation in a variety of business practices, plus the ability to gain a specialisation. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Business Administration program with an additional 20-week Professional component. The program focuses on developing self-analysis and reflective learning skills and applying theoretical solutions for practical workplace problems. Show more
The Bond MBA (Professional) provides students with a solid foundation in a variety of business practices, plus the ability to gain a specialisation. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Business Administration program with an additional 20-week Professional component. The program focuses on developing self-analysis and reflective learning skills and applying theoretical solutions for practical workplace problems. The program also provides global networking opportunities. The program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, make ethical and responsible business decisions, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Business with practical insights delivered through case studies, guest lectures and work-integrated learning. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Business Administration (Professional) program comprises 17 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (8 x 5cp)
- BMBA70-810 Individuals, Teams and Leadership
- BMBA70-820 Interpersonal Dynamics
- BMBA70-830 Effective Decision Making
- BMBA70-840 Motivation and Organisation
- BMBA70-850 Managerial Economics
- BMBA70-860 Marketing for Managers
- BMBA70-870 Accounting for Managers
- BMBA70-880 Financial Decision Making
Required subjects (4 x 10cp)
- BMBA71-301 Data Analytics for Decision Making
- BMBA71-302 Strategic Insight
- BMBA71-303 MBA Capstone
- MGMT71-326 Project Innovation and Change
Professional subject (1 X 45cp) (students must complete one (1) of the following subjects)
*Please note that the Professional Portfolio or Professional Development subject is a 20-week, 45-credit point subject and is taken in the last semester of the program once all other coursework subjects have been completed. The Career Development Centre will provide assistance in choosing the relevant professional subject prior to your last semester.
- Students can choose up to 40 Credit Points of General Elective Subjects (40cp).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also use all of their electives to take a specialisation (4 Subjects) from the list below
- Big Data
- International Business
- Tourism Management
- Health Management
- Please visit the Major and minor study areas for guidance on specialisations.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $14,062 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
- 2021 fees: $14,790 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
Price may vary depending on elective discipline choice.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Academic entry requirements
We focus on creating a complementary cohort of students drawn from diverse backgrounds and cultures. You will need to demonstrate strong academic achievement as well as the potential and motivation to assume global leadership roles. Each application is assessed on an individual basis.
Entry into the MBA (Professional) requires the following:
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- Quality undergraduate degree from a recognised institution.
- Cover letter detailing your career goals, future ambitions and experience.
- Two professional referee reports.
- Interview with the program director may be required.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration in Health
- Master of Finance / Master of Business Administration
- Master of Accounting / Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Project Management
- Executive Master of Business Administration
|Selected subjects taught online||✓**||✓**||✓**||✓**|
|Subjects taught intensive mode||✓*||✓*||✓*||✓*|
|Subjects taught standard delivery||✓||✓||X||✓|
|Professional placement in degree||X||✓||X||X|
|Study Tours available||✓||✓||✓||✓***|
|Combined degrees available||✓||X||X||X|
|Available to international students||✓||✓||✓||✓*|
*Available for eligible students only. Please check with the Program Coordinator
**Not available to USA Financial Aid students
***China Study Tour is mandatory for the EMBA program. Other study tours available as electives.