Your path to business and social science studies in Australia
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Organisations of all types and sizes around the world require sound business management practices. Recognised internationally, the Bachelor of Business degree at Bond University is designed to inspire and nurture an entrepreneurial spirit; to give you the skills and knowledge to be an effective business leader; and, to prepare you to be able to influence the achievement of an organisation’s mission, goals and strategic objectives. Combined with a Bachelor of Social Science you will gain specialist knowledge and understanding of human behaviour and how this applies in businesses today.
Not only will you graduate with these career-ready business experiences, you will also graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerator program. Bond University offers a three-semesters-per-year timetable instead of the usual two meaning you graduate quicker than the rest.
Preparing you for success
When studying at Bond Business School, we want to ensure you’re prepared for success whatever that may look like for you. That’s why on top of your degree, you’ll have access to Australia’s first Transformer program aimed at teaching you big-picture thinking, creative problem solving and evidence-based decision making.
These skills can then be used to apply yourself within the Bond Business Accelerator program, the ultimate incubator for early stage start-ups. Like Alisha, you too could be starting your business while you’re still studying.
What our students say
- Access to the Bond Business Commercialisation Centre and the Bond Business Accelerator that collectively offer a broad array of tools and networking opportunities.
- Smaller classes and personal mentoring – learn in groups of around 20 to 30, delivering more interaction and more support.
- Access to the business school’s formal mentor program where you will be supported by academic staff, senior students and alumni.
- Bond Business degrees are internationally recognised and accredited worldwide.
About the program
The Bachelor of Social Science program encompasses several disciplines including criminology, psychology, counselling and behaviour management. The program allows you to combine subjects to complete a degree whose title reflects a specialisation of studies in the social sciences area of the Faculty. The Bachelor of Business prepares you for leadership roles in today’s global businesses. Show more
The Bachelor of Social Science program encompasses several disciplines including criminology, psychology, counselling and behaviour management. The program allows you to combine subjects to complete a degree whose title reflects a specialisation of studies in the social sciences area of the Faculty. The Bachelor of Business prepares you for leadership roles in today’s global businesses. New subjects in Business Model Generation and Business Model Execution will develop every student’s entrepreneurial and innovation abilities. All students in this program will be involved with ideation, creation, validation and execution of a business. This gives you the edge over other business graduates. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||8 semesters (2 years 8 months)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, Social Sciences, Psychology and Counselling|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Social Sciences program comprises 32 subjects, as follows:
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication
- CORE11-002 Collaboration, Teams and Leadership
- CORE11-003 Responsibility, Integrity and Civic Discourse
Required subjects (9)
- ACCT11-100 Accounting for Decision Making
- BUSN13-331 Business Model Generation
- BUSN13-332 Business Model Execution
- ECON11-100 Principles of Economics
- FINC12-200 Fundamentals of Finance
- LAWS10-100 Business Law
- MGMT13-305 Human Resource Management
- MKTG11-100 Marketing
- Alternate Choice: You must complete one of the following two subjects:
Business Major (6)
Students must select one (1) major from the following list. Business majors.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- International Business
- Marketing communication
- Tourism Management
A list of Majors and Minors is available here.
Social Science Majors (12)
Students must choose one (1) of the following combinations:
- Double major in Criminology
- Criminology and Counselling Interventions
- Psychology and Criminology
- Psychology and Counselling Interventions
Students can choose 2 General Elective Subject (20CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have an international experience or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
The following opportunities are also available to Bond Business School students.
- BUSN13-730: Business School International Semester
Students will be undertaking study at approved overseas institutes offering an international internship experience program, facilitating both academic study courses and practical industry internship placement
- Bond International Exchange Program
Current Bond students have the opportunity to study at one of 80+ leading universities in our network of exclusive international partnerships, for one or two semesters.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans
Important note for first semester students
You will be registered in the Bond Business Mentoring Program designed for all new undergraduate students; please be advised the first scheduled gathering is in the Bond Business School orientation, If you require further information please email [email protected]
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $21,040* per semester average
- Students commencing study in 2022: $21,040* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $168,320
- Students commencing study in 2022: $168,320
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Entry score for 2021 entry
|Min ATAR||Min OP||Min IB|
Visit our Bond Business School student profile and Faculty of Society & Design student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2020.
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
2022 Year 12 entry
In a disrupted world, Year 12 students have shown incredible resilience in adapting to the ongoing challenges presented by the events of recent years. Year 12 students can be assessed now for a guaranteed offer for 2022 entry conditional on the completion of Year 12. Applications will be assessed based on their first semester Year 12 results and meeting any subject prerequisite requirements for their program. Find out more.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
The Bachelor of Business is a broad-based qualification accepted nationally and internationally by leading employers in a wide range of corporate disciplines. Graduates often attain roles in advertising, human resources, information technology, marketing, public relations and research.
The Bachelor of Social Science will provide you with a basis for working in areas such as welfare, government departments, disability services or as disability officers or caseworkers, client support and advocacy as well as working with behavioural difficulties of children in educational settings.
- Those students who choose a Behaviour Management focus will learn the framework and procedures for implementing functional analytical therapy with clients who have severe behavioural difficulties.
- Students who choose a Criminology focus will gain the ability to understand a-typical behaviour patterns.
- Those students who combine their studies with Psychology will be provided with the basis for understanding the presenting problems with clients in order to develop effective needs-based treatment programs.
- Students who choose a Counselling focus will gain the ability to assess, diagnose and understand human behaviour as well as be able to apply ethical, legal and professional issues in counselling.