COVID-19 (coronavirus): Latest advice for the Bond community.

Will there be any International student visa changes if I change programs?

Yes, Changing programs can affect your student visa and in some circumstances you may be required to apply for a new visa.

If you are changing Bond degree programs, you don't need to apply for a new visa if you are studying at the same or higher Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level or changing from an AQF level 10 course (doctoral degree) to an AQF 9 course (Masters degree).

If you are changing course at Bond to a lower AQF level course or to a non-AQF level course, you will need a new student visa. 

If your new program extends past the date of your current student visa expiry date,  you will be required to apply for a new student visa to cover the extension.

Please refer to the Your study situation has changed page on the Department of Home Affairs website.


Related questions