Welcome to the Office of Learning & Teaching
In the context of learning and teaching, Bond University prides itself on five distinguishing characteristics: a culture of teaching excellence, innovative teaching methods and curriculum, a high quality learning environment, embedded graduate employability, and a quality assured personalised learning experience. The Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT) seeks to lead and support all academics to continuously improve on this excellence and make an outstanding contribution to student learning.
Bond OLT has eight key goals:
- Support the capacity of all Bond University academics to enable and enhance learning, engagement and the student experience through support, training and continuing professional development.
- Support all Bond University academics by celebrating teaching excellence and supporting staff endeavours to gain national and international recognition through teaching awards and external grants.
- Support all Bond University academics with learning and teaching scholarship and research and to assist in the integration of this knowledge into Bond University curriculum.
- Support the capacity of all Bond University academics to enable and enhance learning, engagement and the student experience through technology enhanced teaching methods and curriculum.
- Support the learning opportunity of students by ensuring that, where appropriate, lectures are video or audio recorded in accordance with the Classroom Recording Policy.
- Provide indoor and outdoor learning spaces and informal spaces that support innovative teaching developments and enhance the learning experience of students.
- Ensure that the Core subjects articulate, emphasise and strengthen the alignment between learning and teaching with graduate employability by preparing and transitioning students from enrolment towards career success.
- Strengthen the Bond University approach to curriculum management, learning analytics, education evaluation and closing the loop on feedback through transparency, cooperation and collaboration.
Now is an exciting time to be learning and/or teaching at Bond. I encourage you to continue to cultivate and promote a culture of innovation and excellence in learning and teaching across the University.
Professor Keitha Dunstan
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)