International Business is a theoretical and practical introduction to the issues and complexities associated with doing business across borders. Business increasingly operates in an international context, either as a seller or buyer of services or merchandise. Knowledge of how business operates across borders is an essential element in the management of both small and large enterprises. The subject has an entrepreneurial focus. Key topics include frameworks for international environmental assessment, international strategic choices, modes of entry, and business functions and their application consistent with strategy.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Analyse environmental factors of international business including cultural, political, and legal differences, macro-economic and trade issues.
2. Describe entry strategies and modes of entry including FDI, alliances and export.
3. Describe business functions including foreign exchange, financial management, tax, accounting, marketing, supply chain management, and international human resources and their applications consistent with entry strategy.
4. Demonstrate the ability to prepare a consultant’s report advising on international expansion of an entrepreneurial business, critically incorporating content covered in class and readings including environmental assessment, advice on modes of entry and issues related to practical implementation.
5. Articulate a regional business analysis and recommendations for international business expansion in a clear, concise writing style for a professional audience.
6. Deliver a clear, concise well-organised presentation using suitable visual aids.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2021|