This subject focuses on the management of hotel food and beverage operations. Topics include the designing, operating, marketing, and management of food and beverage outlets. Students will learn the importance of cost control within the restaurant industry and the techniques associated with managing costs. Emphasis will be placed on food and beverage operational analysis, purchasing, inventory, cost analysis, and banquet and beverage service.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Develop a viable restaurant business concept
2. Design a suitable menu to match the overall restaurant concept
3. Evaluate the appropriateness of different types of production and service styles to food and beverage operations
4. Discuss the key factors that influence a food and beverage outlet's business profitability.
5. Calculate food costings and other ratios typically used by restaurants to monitor and ensure their profit levels
6. Discuss the key factors which are essential to the delivery of a quality dining experience to the food and beverage consumer
No Prior Knowledge Required