|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
In this advanced subject, students explore a broad range of sophisticated approaches to the elegant use of the camera to visually portray a film's narrative beyond the conventional Hollywood approach. Students will produce a short film to apply these techniques, and develop a style of their own. Students also learn the essential skills of showrunning, and explore how showrunners work with writers, directors, and producers to create compelling, and engaging shows on television or streaming services.
- Prepare a technical production planning document for a short film or other screen project.
- Describe in detail the duties and responsibilities of television showrunner.
- Create a short film screenplay, or short film, or other screen production to a high standard.
- Interpret and apply feedback to improve the storytelling of a short film screenplay, short film or other screen project.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- January 2023 [Standard - Advanced Screen Directing and Showrunning]
- January 2022 [Standard - Advanced Screen Directing and Showrunning]
- May 2021 [Standard - Advanced Screen Directing and Showrunning]
- May 2020 [Standard - Advanced Screen Directing and Showrunning]
- May 2019 [Standard - Directing 2: Camera and Coverage]
- May 2018 [Standard - Directing 2: Camera and Coverage]
- May 2017 [Standard - Directing 2: Camera and Coverage]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|