The Master of International Relations program is designed for students who wish to expand their existing career opportunities. The degree aims to equip graduates with critical thinking skills and strategic development. This program is ideal for those wanting to enter the government sector or to supplement another area of study such as law or journalism.
International Relations graduates are commonly recruited for Project and Program related roles in government agencies, notably, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Department of Defence, Australian Bureau of Statistics, Australian Securities and Investments Commission, Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission, Australian Secret Intelligence Service, Australian Public Service, and Tourism Australia.
Graduates with an understanding of international affairs, globalisation, political, environmental, and societal concerns are sought after in most global offices with an international outreach.
Embassies and consulates
Government embassies, high commissions, consulates, multilateral missions, and representative offices offer a range of careers in diplomacy, policy, and communication.
Program learning outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes provide a broad and measurable set of standards that incorporate a range of knowledge, skills and abilities that will be achieved on completion of the program. These outcomes will help you determine whether this program aligns with your professional pathway, career and learning goals.
View Master of International Relations learning outcomes
- Identify, synthesise, interpret and communicate complex issues in International Relations.
- Independently and in teams, demonstrate expert cognitive skills to solve complex problems in International Relations.
- Apply disciplinary knowledge and skills in International Relations to new professional contexts, demonstrating expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility.
Take your skill set to the next level
Extend your learning beyond the completion of your degree. Consider progressing on your journey to sharpen your skills and expand your knowledge in other specialised areas through these learning opportunities.
Broaden your knowledge
Whether you are looking to upskill, advance your career, change direction or dive deeper into a specific area, Bond University offers a range of executive training and professional development courses to help you get ahead through our microcredentials.
- Select from a suite of high-quality programs designed in collaboration with industry partners.
- Learn from anywhere in the world, at your own pace.
- Earn a digital certificate for each microcredential.
- Potentially, gain credit towards future study at Bond.
Supercharge your career
Master the skills and acquire the confidence to excel in executive leadership by enhancing your existing level of study and experience. Supercharge your knowledge and skill set and stand out in your career with Bond’s Executive Programs.
Alumni Mentor Program
Bondies helping Bondies
Designed to connect Bond students and graduates with existing Bond Alumni, the Bond Alumni Mentor Program carefully matches students and graduates enabling Bondies to build mutually beneficial professional relationships to:
- Explore future career opportunities.
- Plan out the transition from study to employment.
- Improve industry and business knowledge.
- Contribute to your personal development.
- Build your professional networks.
- Gain greater understanding of how to develop and maintain a manageable work-life-study balance.