In today’s commercial industries, individuals with data analytic skills are highly sought after as they enable organisations to make more informed business decisions. More and more businesses of every size are utilising business data analysts who can not only interpret quantitative information but know how to translate their analyses to real-life scenarios in a way that will impact behaviour and improve business operations. Industries including health, sport, marketing, finance and many more, as well as government organisations of all kinds comprise the backdrop of employment opportunities for graduates with data analytic skills
Business analysts help companies improve process efficiencies through the analysis of past data and provide recommendation reports to executives and stakeholders.
A data scientist is responsible for designing and implementing data-based collection and models, creating algorithms and predictive outcomes. Their role encompasses developing tools, automation systems and data frameworks to both frame and solve complex problems.
A statistical analyst uses advanced mathematical techniques to analyse a set of data and draw conclusions. This type of role generally consists of analysing data, using a variety of tools, algorithms, and models, and developing models. You will also be required to interpret data analysis, and produce results and reports for a variety of audiences.
They’re all business courses, but they cover different parts of business, and we’re here to help you decode the degree name and find the right one for you.
Actuarial science, commerce and business data analytics: Which program is right for you?
Actuarial science, commerce and business data analytics are all business courses, but they cover different parts of business, and we’re here to help you decode the degree name and find the right one for you.Read more about Actuarial science, commerce and business data analytics: Which program is right for you?
Program professional accreditations
Bond Business School is among less than 7% of the world’s 13,000 business programs to have earned accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and less than 2% have earned European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation. Bond Business School is both AACSB and EQUIS accredited placing us in the top 2% of Business Schools in the world. Bond Business School is also one of four universities in Australia who are members of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a tangible statement of the significant contribution our programs make to graduate management education.
Program learning outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes provide a broad and measurable set of standards that incorporate a range of knowledge, skills and abilities that will be achieved on completion of the program. These outcomes will help you determine whether this program aligns with your professional pathway, career and learning goals.
View Bachelor of Business Data Analytics learning outcomes
- Apply relevant theories, concepts and techniques to common tasks within the fields of data analytics and decision making.
- Critically analyse and evaluate common issues or problems in the field of data analytics and decision making.
- Demonstrate understanding of foundational data analytics techniques and theory.
- Generate creative solutions that address an identified data analytics need, opportunity or problem.
- Reflect on one's personal learning experience to extract and evaluate insights.
- Recognise the cultural, environmental and social considerations of individual behaviour and organisational operations in the field of data analytics.
- Demonstrate the capacity to act in accordance with the principles and values expected of professional practitioners in business.
- Orally communicate data analytics information to a diverse professional audience using appropriate visual aides.
- Articulate data analytics ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a given audience.
- Collaborate effectively with others to complete a project or group task.
Take your skill set to the next level
Extend your learning beyond the completion of your degree. Consider progressing on your journey to sharpen your skills and expand your knowledge in business and other specialised areas through these learning opportunities.