Lisa has worked in high performance sport for over 12 years, with organisations such as the NSW Institute of Sport, The Australian Institute of Sport and Australian Canoeing, and with sports such as Swimming, Gymnastics and Sprint Canoe. Lisa has managed teams at World Championships level and was the gymnastics section manager on the Australian Olympic team in Beijing in 2008. Lisa’s role with Gymnastics and Australian Canoeing involved the implementation of structures and systems to ensure accountability and good governance. In addition Lisa has prepared strategic plans, high performance plans and assisted NSOs in high performance planning and completing government funding documentation.
Lisa's research interests include; sport governance – especially within Australia, sport regulation, high performance sport management issues, sport development and the Olympic Games. Lisa consults with industry on governance issues and sport policy. Lisa also works on an interdisciplinary team to examine sport management issues such as concussion, gender in sport and doping.
Lisa is the Secretary-General of Sliding Sports Australia (SSA) working towards the development and implementation of good governance practices and procedures as outlined by the ASC and essential for all Olympic NSOs.
Lisa is on the Board of the Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand.
- Sport Management Australia & New Zealand (SMAANZ)
- High Performance Manager - Australian Canoeing / AIS
- Senior Sport Consultant - NSWIS
- Secretary General - Sliding Sports Australia
- Program Manager - NSWIS Swimming Program
- Program Manager - AIS Gymnastics Program
Lisa's strength is applying industry knowledge and 'real life' experiences for sport management students. Students are taught the essential skills required to effectively work in the sport industry.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Griffith University
- Master of International Sport Management, Southern Cross University
- Bachelor of Education (PD/H/PE), Newcastle University