Dr Lisa Gowthorp
Lisa has worked in high performance sport for over 12 years, with organisations such as the NSW Institute of Sport, The Australian Institute of Sport and Australian Canoeing, and with sports such as Swimming, Gymnastics and Sprint Canoe. Lisa has managed teams at World Championships level and was the gymnastics section manager on the Australian Olympic team in Beijing in 2008. Lisa’s role with Gymnastics and Australian Canoeing involved the implementation of structures and systems to ensure accountability and good governance. In addition Lisa has prepared strategic plans, high performance plans and assisted NSOs fulfil ASC requests.
Lisa has recently submitted her PhD that focused on the relationship between Olympic NSOs and the ASC. Other research interests include; sport governance – especially within Australia, sport regulation, high performance sport issues and the Olympic Games. Lisa consults with industry on governance issues and sport policy.
Lisa is also the Secretary-General of Sliding Sports Australia (SSA) working towards the development and implementation of good governance practices and procedures as outlined by the ASC and essential for all Olympic NSOs.
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of International Sport Management
- Bachelor of Education (PD/H/PE)
- Sport Management Australia & New Zealand (SMAANZ)
- High Performance Manager - Australian Canoeing / AIS
- Senior Sport Consultant - NSWIS
- Secretary General - Sliding Sports Australia
- Program Manager - NSWIS Swimming Program
- Program Manager - AIS Gymnastics Program