|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
This subject introduces students to the practice of managing the distribution of information between a sport organisation and its stakeholders. It is designed to enhance understanding, evaluation, management and communication of a broad range of information for a variety of purposes and a broad range of audiences. Students will learn to write news stories and press releases, coordinate press conferences and develop an effective social media presence. Students will also gain experience in writing policy and governance documents for the internal management and resourcing of community sport clubs, grant applications and other fund-raising activities and other information management duties related to the operation and public perception of sport organisations. The importance of sport broadcasting and attracting audiences, sponsors, and fans will be reinforced through case studies and examining real-world scenarios.
- Explain the role of sport communication in the management of sport.
- Identify the types of information required by stakeholders and the appropriate communication for each.
- Apply relevant concepts and theories to examine sport communication issues.
- Apply a problem- solving approach to sport communication case studies in order to analyse real-life complex problems.
- Demonstrate effective written communication through various platforms and targeting a variety of audiences.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|