This subject provides the fundamental concepts related to athlete development and organisational development from an Australian and global perspective. It is designed to enhance students’ understanding of the physiological (training, recovery, nutrition, etc.), psycho-social (motivation, health and welfare) and related factors that affect an athlete’s development. From an organisational perspective, students will examine the strategic processes and systems implemented to attract, develop and nurture talented athletes through industry examples and global case studies. Students will also be introduced to the concept of sport as a tool to create social change.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Explain current issues within the sport industry to contextualise the management challenges within sport.
2. Explain the major influences on sport development, both elite and mass participation.
3. Explain the importance of sport for development and the role sport plays in society.
4. Critically evaluate challenges associated with the management of sport, int the context of sport development and sport for development.
5. Deliver a logically constructed persuasive presentation using appropriate visual aids.
6. Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a given audience.
7. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to complete a project or group task.
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/02/2020|