Dr. George A. Hrivnak (Ph.D., George Washington University) is an Assistant Professor of Management at Bond University. Prior to joining academia, George spent more than 12 years working in private industry, with extensive experience working on organizational change projects in a number of leadership and business development roles, fostering his interest in improving individual and collective capacities to learn and change. George teaches organisational behaviour, negotiation, leadership, and change management subjects and works with students in the undergraduate, graduate, and executive programs. He received the 2013 New Educator Award by the OBTS Society for Management Educators and has been repeatedly recognised by Bond University and the Faculty of Business for his teaching excellence. George's research focuses on management education and development, including leadership development, experiential learning, instructional design and assessment and transfer of learning. He and his colleagues have published their work in the Journal of International Management, Journal of Management Education, International Journal of Organizational Analysis, and Small Group Research, in addition to several book chapters and international conference papers. He is an editorial board member of the Academy of Management Learning & Education and a board member of Bond University’s Centre for Applied Research in Learning, Engagement, Andragogy & Pedagogy.
- Academy of Management
- Australian & New Zealand Academy of Management
- Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- American Psychological Association
- OBTS Society for Management Educators
- Editorial Review Board - Academy of Management Learning & Education
- Management Board Member - Centre for Applied Research in Learning, Engagement, Andragogy & Pedagogy (LEAP)
George's teaching is primarily focused on managerial skill development in areas such as negotiation, leadership, teamwork, decision-making and critical thinking.
- 2013 OBTS Society for Management Educators' New Educator Award
- 2013 Vice Chancellor's Award for Teaching Excellence (High Commendation)
- 2012 Dean's Excellence in Teaching Award - Faculty Teacher of the Year
- 2012 Dean's Excellence in Teaching Award - September Semester
- Doctor of Philosophy, The George Washington University
- Master of Arts, University of South Florida
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, The Ohio State University