A career in finance starts at Bond
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Designed for professionals looking to work with specialist finance organisations, the Master of Finance is a rigorous program that develops a strong understanding of financial principles and their application to industry challenges. In this program you will have the opportunity to gain Bloomberg certification and unlock your potential for more job opportunities in the financial sector.
Classes involve experiential learning including case study analysis, investment role plays and industry guests. This means students are ready for professional tasks from day one.
The Master of Finance at Bond has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program, the largest association of investment of professionals in the world, meaning students are well prepared for the CFA exams.
Students who have successfully completed cognate undergraduate programs may be eligible for advanced standing of up to 40 credit points towards the Master of Finance accelerated program.
Campus and Bond University Experience
For the past 15 years, Bond University has been recognised as Australia’s number one university for student experience according to the Good Universities Guide. In addition, The Bond Business School rates number one in Australia for business and management in Learner Engagement, Learning Resources, Overall Quality of Educational Experience, Skills Development, Student Support and Teaching Quality.
As a Bond student, you will have unparalleled access to the Bond FinTech Hub. Our students gain practical experience in executing deals, managing portfolios, trading financial securities and changing market conditions. Access to these facilities prepare our graduates to ‘hit the ground running’ in financial organisations. Bond Business School has 40 Bloomberg terminals, the most of any university in Australia and officially a member of the Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner (ELP) Program. We are proudly 1 of only 3 universities in Australia to achieve this partnership.
24/7 access to live financial markets
What our students say
- Curriculum is recognised by the CFA Institute
- Bond Business has industry connections with ANZ, ASX, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, Macquarie Group, PwC and many other finance organisations which presents industry networking opportunities while you study
- Be mentored by leading academics. Even outside of class time, our academics have an open door policy that means they will not only know you by name, they’ll actively mentor your progress
- Learn in small class sizes. Our high student to teacher ratio opens doors to industry placements, global networking, research projects, job opportunities and help whenever you need it
- Experience global business environments with international Study Tours
- Access to an array state-of-the-art learning resources including the Bond FinTech Hub, Commercialisation Centre, Centre for Data Analytics and Transformer
- Unparalleled access to Bloomberg terminals with the opportunity to gain a Bloomberg certification during your degree and unlock your potential for more job opportunities in the global market
About the program
The Master of Finance course is a quantitatively rigorous program which integrates innovative subjects that highlight the Bond Business School's excellence in experiential and case-based teaching. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. Show more
The Master of Finance course is a quantitatively rigorous program which integrates innovative subjects that highlight the Bond Business School's excellence in experiential and case-based teaching. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. The small class sizes in the Master of Finance course allow for personalised attention and unparalleled access to Bloomberg terminals at our Bond FinTech Hub. The program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, make ethical and responsible business decisions, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||4 semesters (1 year 4 months)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
Master of Finance comprises 12 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (6)
- FINC71-305 Derivative Products
- FINC71-318 Personal Investment
- FINC71-601 Corporate Finance
- FINC71-603 Investments
- FINC71-604 Capital Markets
- FINC71-607 International Financial Management
Directed Elective (4)
Choose 4 subjects from the list below
- ACCT71-301 Financial Accounting & Reporting
- ACCT71-511 Security Appraisal and Valuation
- ACSC71-200 Mathematical Statistics
- ACSC71-201 Financial Mathematics
- BUSN71-310 Research Project
- ECON71-202 Macroeconomics
- FINC71-302 Finance Applications and Analysis
- FINC71-614 Mergers and Acquisitions
- STAT71-112 Quantitative Methods
- Students can choose 1 General Elective Subjects (20CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $15,505* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $62,020
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the Master of Finance requires the completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution, and completion of a subject deemed equivalent to either Fundamentals of Finance or Managerial Finance with a credit grade within the last seven years.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
A Master of Finance qualification from Bond University prepares you for an executive career in many sectors including:
- Commercial banks
- Insurance sectors
- Property investment
- Superannuation funds
- Corporate treasuries
Our graduates are highly sought after upon graduation and employable in senior finance roles including:
- Banking and Finance Professional
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Manager
- Financial Advisors
- Financial Controller
- Finance Manager
- Financial Project Manager
- Finance Specialist
- Acquisitions Manager
- Risks Manager
- Portfolio Manager
Bond is one of only seven universities in Australia, the only one in Queensland, to offer the fully accredited program by the Actuaries Institute and has recognition agreements with the Society of Actuaries (worldwide).
Bond Business School is among less than 7% of the world’s 13,000 business programs to have earned accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and less than 2% have earned European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation. Bond Business School is both AACSB and EQUIS accredited placing us in the top 2% of Business Schools in the world.
Bond Business School is also 1 of 4 universities in Australia who are members of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a tangible statement of the significant contribution our programs make to graduate management education.
At Bond, we believe education goes beyond the classroom. Our unique Beyond Bond program will expand your horizons with internships, global volunteering programs, international competitions, industry conferences, study tours, community service and much, much more.