This subject introduces students to the main psychosocial theories that influence sport, health and exercise in the community. The primary focus is on the understanding of psychological principles that underpin physical activity. Students will also consider the psychological factors that facilitate or impede participation and adherence in exercise programs.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Explain the role of exercise, physical activity and sport in mental health and wellbeing.
2. Describe human behaviour in terms of personality, motivation and learning, and relate these influences to the behavioural aspects of health, exercise and sport.
3. Interpret psychosocial theories (including behavioural, ecological, and learning theories) that relate to health, exercise and sport.
4. Describe the factors associated with realistic goal setting, adoption, safe participation and adherence to physical activity, exercise and sporting environments.
5. Demonstrate basic counselling and communication skills.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2021|