Start your career in international relations and business in Australia
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Internationally recognised, a combined degree combined degree in International Relations and Business will set you up with an extensive range of knowledge, skills and abilities to prepare you for an exciting career that could see you as a diplomat, government official, entrepreneur, or business leader anywhere in the world.
Not only will you graduate with career-ready experiences, you will also graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerated degrees. Bond University offers three semesters per year instead of the usual two, meaning Bond students graduate in two years.
The Transformer: be a game changer.
- Access to the Bond Business Commercialisation Centre and the Bond Business Accelerator that collectively offer a broad array of tools and networking opportunities
- Smaller classes and personal mentoring – learn in groups of around 20 to 30, delivering more interaction and more support
- Access to the Business School’s formal mentor program where you will be supported by academic staff, senior students and alumni
- Bond Business and International Relations degrees are internationally recognised and accredited worldwide
About the program
The Bachelor of International Relations prepares students for fascinating careers in a globalising world. Global and regional interdependence means that no state is unaffected by developments beyond its borders. Prosperity and security are based on international orientations. Businesses, governments and organisations need people equipped not only with relevant professional skills, but also with competencies in International Relations. Show more
The Bachelor of International Relations prepares students for fascinating careers in a globalising world. Global and regional interdependence means that no state is unaffected by developments beyond its borders. Prosperity and security are based on international orientations. Businesses, governments and organisations need people equipped not only with relevant professional skills, but also with competencies in International Relations. Students explore a rich variety of interconnected issues in International Relations and the factors which shape them, including war and peace on our planet, human security, diplomacy, governance and the influence of climate change on the future world. Graduates of the program will gain an insight into the politics, economy, diplomacy both in Australia and other world geographic regions. An in-depth understanding of the world around us and the skills needed for its interpretation, equip students for their future employment in International Relations and many other areas where such capacities are required. The Bachelor of Business prepares you for leadership roles in today’s global businesses. New subjects in Business Model Generation and Business Model Execution will develop every student’s entrepreneurial and innovation abilities. All students in this program will be involved with ideation, creation, validation and execution of a business. This gives you the edge over other business graduates. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||8 semesters (2 years 8 months)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, International Relations and Humanities|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Bachelor of International Relations and Bachelor of Business program comprises 32 subjects, as follows:
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication
- CORE11-002 Collaboration, Teams and Leadership
- CORE11-003 Responsibility, Integrity and Civic Discourse
Required subjects (9)
- ACCT11-100 Accounting for Decision Making
- BUSN13-331 Business Model Generation
- BUSN13-332 Business Model Execution
- ECON11-100 Principles of Economics
- FINC12-200 Fundamentals of Finance
- LAWS10-100 Business Law
- MGMT13-305 Human Resource Management
- MKTG11-100 Marketing
Choose one (1) subject from the following options.
Business Major (6)
Students must select one (1) major from the following list. Business majors.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- International Business
- Marketing communication
- Tourism Management
A list of Majors and Minors is available here.
International Relations Subjects (12)
Students must choose twelve (12) subjects from the list of directed electives.
- GLBE11-100: Climate Change and the Future World
- INTR11-100: Introduction to International Relations
- INTR11-101: Geopolitics
- INTR11-102: Hacking, Networks and Security
- INTR12-200: Australian Public and Foreign Policy
- INTR12-203: The United Nations
- INTR12-208: Public Diplomacy and Social Media
- INTR12-214: Political Economy
- INTR12-215: Peace and War
- INTR12-216: The Americas
- INTR12-230: Terrorism
- INTR13-300: International Model United Nations and Study Tour
- INTR13-303: China's Defence and Security
- INTR13-304: Eurasia
- INTR13-305: Australia and the Asia-Pacific
- INTR13-309: Diplomacy: Theory and Practice
- INTR13-313: Contemporary Globalisations
- INTR13-314: The New Europe
- INTR13-315: Africa and the Middle East
- INTR13-316: Asia's Rising Powers
- LING11-102: World Languages
- PHIL12-205: Political Philosophy: Freedom, Justice and the State
- FSDO13-700: Internship A
Students can choose 2 General Elective Subject (20CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
The following opportunities are also available to Bond Business School students.
- BUSN13-730: Business School International Semester
Students will be undertaking study at approved overseas institutes offering an international internship experience program, facilitating both academic study courses and practical industry internship placement
- Bond International Exchange Program
Current Bond students have the opportunity to study at one of 80+ leading universities in our network of exclusive international partnerships, for one or two semesters.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans
Important note for first semester students
You will be registered in the Bond Business Mentoring Program designed for all new undergraduate students; please be advised the first scheduled gathering is in the Bond Business School orientation, If you require further information please email [email protected]
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $21,040* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $168,320
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Entry score for 2021 entry
|Min ATAR||Min OP||Min IB|
Visit our Faculty of Society & Design student profile and Bond Business School student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2020.
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
2021 Year 12 Entry
To ensure students are not disadvantaged by the COVID-19 pandemic, current Year 12 students can be assessed now for a guaranteed offer for 2021 entry conditional on the completion of Year 12. Applications will be assessed based on their first semester Year 12 results and meeting any subject prerequisite requirements for their program. Find out more.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
Graduates of this program will have a global perspective which will suit their areas of interest and professional goals whilst having developed the skill base necessary to operate in a global environment. Graduates could expect to find employment in Defence, Diplomacy, Foreign Affairs, International Business, Media, Trade. The Bachelor of Business is a broad-based qualification accepted nationally and internationally by leading employers in a wide range of corporate disciplines. Graduates often attain roles in advertising, human resources, information technology, marketing, public relations and research.
- Bachelor of International Relations
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Bachelor of Social Science
- Bachelor of Business (3 Year Program)
- Bachelor of Business / Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business / Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of International Relations (3 Year Program)
- Bachelor of International Relations/Bachelor of Laws