An introduction to Data Science starts at Bond
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
Data analytics technologies and techniques are widely used in commercial industries to enable organizations to make more-informed business decisions. In today's marketplace, it is not enough to gather information and crunch numbers; you must know how to apply that data to real-life scenarios in a way that will impact behaviour.
A Bachelor of Business Data Analytics from Bond, you will first learn the technical skills, including R and Python languages most commonly used in data analytics programming and implementation; then focus on the practical application, based on actual business problems in a range of industry sectors such as health, marketing and finance.
The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics program is focused on using data analytics techniques to improve business decision making. It is a quantitative program, combining elements of statistics, computing, big data and machine learning.
Campus and Bond University experience
For the past 15 years, Bond University has been recognised as Australia’s number one university for student experience according to the Good Universities Guide. In addition, the Bond Business School rates number one in Australia for business and management in Learner Engagement, Learning Resources, Overall Quality of Educational Experience, Skills Development, Student Support and Teaching Quality.
Bond Business School brings industry into the classroom, providing a personalised educational experience, combining studies with a transformative life experience. As a Bond student you will have access to an array of networking opportunities including the Bond Business Leaders Forum and Business Links which are a series of presentations from high profile Australian and International business leaders, providing invaluable provide invaluable development and networking opportunities for business professionals, the local community and beyond. Students at Bond Business School have access to an array state-of-the-art learning resources including the Bond FinTech Hub, Commercialisation Centre, Centre for Data Analytics and Transformer.
- Gain industry experience while you study. Students have access to practicing the application and analysis on real industry data including a capstone project unit.
- Learn how to identify, source, extract and analyse information from industry-leading software tools and digital platforms including access to Bloomberg’s live financial market data
- Learn R and Python programming languages – most common used in industry where the techniques are developed in, domestic and internationally
- Have the opportunity to gain a Bloomberg certification during your degree and unlock your potential for more job opportunities in the global market
- Gain business and financial competency, as well as basic technical skills
- Learn in small class sizes of no more than 20-30 students, delivering more interaction, more support and more opportunities
- Have access to the Bond Business Mentoring program where you will be supported by academic staff, senior students and alumni who will mentor you and assist in your transition into the Bond community
- Experience global business environments with international Study Tours
About the program
The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics program is focused on using data analytics techniques to improve business decision making. It is a quantitative program, combining elements of statistics, computing, big data and machine learning. The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics is taught via smaller classes for personalised attention and unparalleled access to facilities like the Bond University Business School’s Big Data Centre. Show more
The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics program is focused on using data analytics techniques to improve business decision making. It is a quantitative program, combining elements of statistics, computing, big data and machine learning. The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics is taught via smaller classes for personalised attention and unparalleled access to facilities like the Bond University Business School’s Big Data Centre. The program develops students’ skills in the development and understanding of analytics and analytic techniques and focuses on how these techniques can be used to solve real-world business problems and better inform evidence-based decision making. Employment opportunities include working in business as a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, or statistics consultant. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Bachelor of Business Data Analytics program comprises 24 subjects, as follows:
View the Program structure and sequence plans page for all semesters of commencement.
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication
- CORE11-002 Collaboration, Teams and Leadership
- CORE11-003 Responsibility, Integrity and Civic Discourse
Required subjects (15)
- ACCT11-100 Accounting for Decision Making
- ACSC12-200 Mathematical Statistics
- DTSC11-100 Business Analytics Coding
- DTSC12-200 Data Science
- DTSC13-300 Infrastructure for Data Analytics
- DTSC13-301 Applied Machine Learning
- DTSC13-302 Statistical Learning and Regression Models
- ECON11-100 Principles of Economics
- ECON12-200 Linear Models and Applied Econometrics
- FINC12-200 Fundamentals of Finance
- MKTG11-100 Marketing
- STAT11-112 Quantitative Methods
- Alternate Choice Projects: Choose 1 subject from the following options:
- Alternate Choice Analytics: Choose 2 subjects from the following options:
Business Minor (4)
Students must select 1 minor from the following list. Business minors.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation;
- Tourism Management.
A list of Minors is available here
Students can choose up to 20 Credit Points of General Elective Subjects (20cp).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use one or more of your elective subjects or part of a Major to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- Study Tour
The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that Additional Costs are associated with this subject).
- Business Internship
The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- Individual Study Topic
The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Important note for first semester students
You will be registered in the Bond Business Mentoring Program designed for all new undergraduate students; please be advised the first scheduled gathering is in the Bond Business School orientation, If you require further information please email [email protected]
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $21,040* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $126,240
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Entry score for 2021 entry
|Min ATAR||Min OP||Min IB|
Visit our student profile if you are interested in the profile of all students who commenced undergraduate study at the Faculty in the January semester 2020.
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
2021 Year 12 Entry
To ensure students are not disadvantaged by the COVID-19 pandemic, current Year 12 students can be assessed now for a guaranteed offer for 2021 entry conditional on the completion of Year 12. Applications will be assessed based on their first semester Year 12 results and meeting any subject prerequisite requirements for their program. Find out more.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
A Bachelor of Business Data Analytics is a quantitative program combining elements of statistics, computing, big data and machine learning which can be applied in a range of industry sectors including, but not limited to:
- Finance and Accounting
- Mining, Oil and Gas
In today’s commercial industries, data analytic skills are highly sought after as it enables organisations to make more informed business decisions.
Our graduates are highly sought after upon graduation and employment opportunities include working in organisation as a:
- Business Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Statistics consultant / Data Analytics Consultant
- Data Mining Engineer
- Data architect
A foundation in Business Data Analytics provides a strong skillset which can be combined with further study to set graduates apart in the workforce. Upon graduation, students can pursue further postgraduate study including:
Bond Business School is among less than 7% of the world’s 13,000 business programs to have earned accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and less than 2% have earned European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation. Bond Business School is both AACSB and EQUIS accredited placing us in the top% of Business Schools in the world.
Bond Business School is also 1 of 4 universities in Australia who are members of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a tangible statement of the significant contribution our programs make to graduate management education.
As a graduate of Bond’s Bachelor of Business Data Analytics, you will have a competitive edge in your career. Employer satisfaction with graduates from Bond University has been rated highest in Australia for two years in a row, according to the 2019 Employer Satisfaction Survey published by the Department of Education and Training.