How to Apply
The application process at Bond University is detailed in the vacancy-specific advertisement. All positions require the submission of a Resume, a Cover Letter, a statement addressing each Selection Criteria and the contact information of three work-related referees.
Bond University use a self-service recruitment system for candidates to apply online for positions anywhere, anytime using a range of electronic and mobile devices. The recruitment system allows you to view the status of a job you have applied for to track the progress of your application. Bond University does not accepts applications that are not submitted via the recruitment system unless otherwise instructed within the advertisement.
Selection Criteria is an important facet of the application process and is a tool used to shortlist potential interview candidates. Candidates who best meet the selection criteria will be considered for an interview. Selection Criteria for each position is found in the corresponding Position Description. These are usually broken into two categories – Selection Criteria and Desirable Criteria.
Selection Criteria are position-specific qualifications, experience and attributes required to fulfil the position.
Desirable Criteria are additional skills considered valuable to the position. Desirable Criteria are not mandatory to possess, although they may increase your chances being shortlisted for an interview.
Candidates are encouraged to address each selection criterion individually, by using examples to demonstrate your experience and support your claims. The same example may be used multiple times if appropriate. Use of the STAR method, when addressing Selection Criteria, is encouraged.
Some positions will require proof of your qualifications. Please provide certified copies of your qualifications to the Human Resources Department.
If successfully shortlisted for a position, you will be invited to attend an interview, this will be arranged (where possible) via a phone call and confirmed via email. The interview will consist of motivational, situational and behavioural questions to determine your suitability for the position.
The panel is comprised of 3-5 relevant staff members. Candidates invited to interview should advise the organiser of any support requirements that may be needed to attend an interview.
Reference checks will not be undertaken unless your application is being recommended for appointment to the position.
Referees should include your current manager or superior. If not possible, an alternative reference must be someone who can comment on your knowledge, skills and ability in your current work environment.
All employees of Bond University are required to hold working rights in Australia, in the form of a valid, current work visa (if they are not an Australian citizen). During the appointment process, and throughout the employees’ contract term, employees will be required to show evidence of their visa (including Permanent Residence visas) for validation. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure their visa details remain current with the HR Department.
If successful after the interview process, you will be contacted by the Chair of the Selection Committee or Human Resources and will be offered the position.
Successful applicants are advised to avoid making any decisions regarding the offer of employment at Bond University until the offer is received and understood.
Candidates who attend an interview but are unsuccessful will be notified by the Chair of the Selection Committee. All other unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email by Human Resources.
Bond University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In line with Bond University’s mission and strategic direction, people from diverse backgrounds, women, indigenous and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Bond employees are engaged through an agreement specific to their position:
Academic Staff are employed on a Bond Workplace Agreement, whose conditions are governed by a Memorandum of Understanding between Bond University, Ltd (BUL) and the Bond University Academic Staff Association (BUASA), which came into effect on August 6th, 2012.
Professional Staff are employed on a Bond Workplace Agreement, whose conditions are governed by a Memorandum of Understanding between Bond University, Ltd (BUL) and the Bond University Academic Staff Association (BUASA) which came into effect on August 6th, 2012.
I am having trouble logging in
- Your ID is your email address you registered with.
- If you can't remember your password select Forgot Password on the login page and enter your email address to receive instructions on resetting your password.
How do I complete an application online
- View current vacancies at Jobs at Bond select Apply Now within the job you are interested in.
- Prepare and save your responses in a word document by selecting Preview Application Form.
- If are an existing user select Login to an existing account .
- Select Begin to start the application process, first time users will register and set up a password.
- When completing an application save pages regularly, You do not need to complete your application in one sitting save and access your application anytime by logging and going to Dashboard >> Application History
- Ensure all mandatory fields are completed (identified by a red asterisk *) and select Save and Submit for each page of the application form.
How do I format text in an application
- Use plain text, do not use bolding or underlining.
- Use asterisks (*) or dashes (-) instead of dot/bullet points.
- Ideally prepare responses in a Word document first to utilise features such as spell check and word count before copying into the online application form.
How do I submit an application
- On completion of all mandatory question you can submit an application by selecting the Submit Application button at the top of the Preview and Submit page.
- If you can't see the Submit Application button please check all mandatory questions and that you have selected Save and Submit on each page of the application form.
- An email confirmation will be sent confirming that you have submitted your application or alternatively login and check the status of your application by going to Dashboard >> Application History
Can I update information in an application submitted
- You can update an application until the close of a position. Login and go to Dashboard >> Application History and select Edit Application.
Can I submit a late application
- Once a job has closed it is not possible for a candidate to address the selection criteria online therefore late applications are not accepted.
Can I submit a hard copy of my application
- Bond University no longer accepts applications outside of the recruitment system unless specified within the advertisement.
- If you are having troubles applying or submitting an application online make sure you have read through all of the FAQ questions. Contact the HR Recruitment team during business hours prior to the closing of the position and they will be able to answer questions and/or help determine an appropriate way for you to submit your applications. If the issue occurs outside of business hours please email the HR Recruitment team prior to job closing supplying the Job Reference, contact details, details of the issue that has occurred.