Study abroad and inbound exchange
If you're an international student looking to study overseas for a semester or two - you've come to the right place! Before you commence your application, first determine whether you will be applying as an exchange or study abroad student and the semester in which you would like to attend Bond University.
Are you an inbound exchange or study abroad student?
If your institution or university is a partner of Bond University, then you're an exchange student. On the other hand, if there's no agreement between your institution and Bond then you're a study abroad student.
See our Academic calendar for a complete list of semester dates.
How to apply
Please read the information below carefully as the first stage of the application process for inbound exchange and study abroad varies slightly.
Inbound exchange Students
Seek approval from your home institution and apply using their Outbound Exchange student application process. Your university will contact Bond to nominate you to study with us.
If you are successfully nominated, you will contacted by our office to apply to Bond using our online application. Please ensure to submit all required documents as requested on the form.
Study abroad students
Apply directly to Bond University using the online application, through a Study Abroad Representative in your home country, or through your home university when applicable. Please ensure to submit all required documents as requested on the form.
Please check with the International Office at your home university to make sure you meet any additional requirements.
Academic eligibility: Check that you meet all of Bond University academic and English language entry requirements as well as any home institution requirements.
- North American students: Minimum 2.5/4.0 GPA
- European students: Minimum C grade in the ECTS scale
- Other students: please seek advice
Subject pre-approval: Select at least six to 8 subjects (courses) at Bond and seek approval from your home institution's Study Abroad Advisor to ensure that the subjects will be credited towards your degree.
To find more information about Study Abroad subjects available by semester, please use the subject search link. (Please note, to filter your search results, please tick the "Display only Study Abroad subjects" box.)
- Bond will assess your application to ensure your meet all academic and language entry requirements. Please allow 2 weeks for all applications to be assessed.
- If you are successful, you will be sent a “Letter of Offer” outlining any fees*, health cover, and other requirements required to “Accept your Offer”.
- To formally "Accept your offer" and be admitted into Bond, please return the “Response to Offer” which is attached to the "Letter of Offer" as soon as possible. Please ensure to also pay any outlined fees.
- Upon receipt of your “Response to Offer”, you will be admitted to Bond and issued with an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
*Reminder: Inbound Exchange students' tuition fees are fee-waived and continue to pay tuition fees to their home institution.
Upon receipt of your eCoE, you will be able to apply for a Non Award student visa through the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Please contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for visa advice.