|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
This subject will introduce students to the legal principles that apply to the ownership, use and transfer of real property. The subject will develop an understanding of the sources of law, the various interests in land, real estate contracts, and the rights, duties and obligations attaching to the ownership and use of real property. The subject provides students with a sound understanding of real property contracts, tendering processes, financial interests in land and the remedies available to enforce interests in land. Students will develop a good understanding of the various legal interests in real property and prepare them for further studies in planning, valuation, property development and investment.
- Identify and contextualise the various legal interests in property and the practical application of this knowledge to property development and investment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of construction contracts, legal interests in land and the remedies available for enforcement of rights.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the financial and security interests in real property and how these can be used to grow and manage portfolio investment.
- Critically analyse competing interests, conflicts in legal interests and contractual rights and the value of interests attaching to land title.
- Impart an understanding of the rights, duties and obligations of various interests in land.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2023]]
- January 2023 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2023]]
- May 2022 [Standard - Standard [May 2022]]
- January 2022 [Standard - Standard [January 2022]]
- May 2021 [Standard - Standard [May 2021]]
- January 2021 [Standard - Standard [January 2021]]
- May 2020 [Standard - Standard [May 2020]]
- September 2019 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2019]]
- January 2019 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2019]]
- September 2018 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2018]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 20/03/2022 Semester start: 16/05/2022 Subject start: 16/05/2022 Cancellation 1: 30/05/2022 Cancellation 2: 06/06/2022 Last enrolment: 29/05/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 11/06/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 02/07/2022 Teaching census: 10/06/2022
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 06/02/2023 Subject start: 06/02/2023 Cancellation 1: 18/02/2023 Cancellation 2: 21/02/2023 Last enrolment: 16/02/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 01/03/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 16/03/2023 Teaching census: 28/02/2023
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 05/06/2023 Subject start: 05/06/2023 Cancellation 1: 17/06/2023 Cancellation 2: 20/06/2023 Last enrolment: 15/06/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 28/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 13/07/2023 Teaching census: 27/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||02/07/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||01/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||16/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Financial:||28/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||13/07/2023|