This subject will introduce students to the legal principles that apply to the ownership, use and transfer of real property. The subject will develop an understanding of the sources of law, the various interests in land, real estate contracts, and the rights, duties and obligations attaching to the ownership and use of real property. The subject provides students with a sound understanding of real property contracts, tendering processes, financial interests in land and the remedies available to enforce interests in land. Students will develop a good understanding of the various legal interests in real property and prepare them for further studies in planning, valuation, property development and investment.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Identify and contextualise the various legal interests in property and the practical application of this knowledge to property development and investment.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of construction contracts, legal interests in land and the remedies available for enforcement of rights.
3. Demonstrate understanding of financial and security interests in real property and how these can be used to grow and manage portfolio investment.
4. Critically analyse competing interests, conflicts in legal interests and contractual rights and the value of interests attaching to land title.
5. Demonstrate and understanding of the rights, duties and obligations of various interests in land.
Please check the subject outline for pre-requisite subjects.