This subject addresses cost planning, estimating, lifecycle costing and cost management using BIM-related Lean Construction and Integrated Project Delivery techniques. It is taught in a highly interactive manner over one intensive of two days duration and one of one day duration. The two day intensive is dedicated to aspects of interrogating BIM IT platforms in a manner which informs students how to better utilise available BIM information to prepare accurate project cost plans and estimates during the project phases defined by the buildingSMART Australasia BIM framework. The one day intensive affords students the opportunity to prepare and refine project estimates/cost plans that align with the BIM framework phases, and with a focus on Lean approaches to construction.
This subject has been designed as a micro-credentialed course for the benefit of industry professionals
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Explain the requirements in setting up a BIM model to ensure it informs accurate estimating and cost planning (e.g. correct coding for cost estimating and variation valuing exercises).
2. Define the risk aspects to cost planning and estimating of failing to ensure collaborative contributions to BIM/Lean/IPD delivered projects, at all stages of the delivery process as defined in the buildingSMART Australasia BIM framework.
3. Describe the importance of collaborative and integrated input to project estimating and cost planning by all members of the project delivery team.
4. Recognise how BIM model knowledge is important in preparing and maintaining realistic and useful cost plans and estimates.
5. Experience how estimating in the BIM/Lean/IPD project delivery environment can be far more accurate, informative, and rapidly delivered because of the 3D modelling and AR/VR aspects of design data presentation.
6. Describe impacts of BIM informed project cost planning, estimating and life cycle costing in the BIM/Lean/IPD project delivery environment.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/11/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||17/11/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||04/03/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2020|