This subject concerns the detailed planning and time management of construction projects. It develops key skills in activity planning and estimating, network development, precedence and arrow diagrams, free and total float calculation, critical path method, risk management, resource allocation and levelling, line of balance, monitoring and control, schedule compression and its impact on productivity. Time management software is used to plan and manage project activities. Practical tutorial activities are used extensively in this subject.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Have the ability to prepare and implement a schedule of activities necessary to manage a project.
2. Have the ability to implement planning processes to ensure projects are completed on time.
3. Have an understanding of the relationship between time and other key factors such as cost, quality and risk.
4. Have knowledge of allocation of resources to projects.
5. Have knowledge of applying risk management techniques.
6. Have basic skills in the use time management software to manage projects.
There are no co-requisites.