This subject covers the detailed planning and time management of construction projects. It develops key skills in activity sequencing and resource estimation, network development, precedence and arrow diagrams, free and total float calculation, critical path method, risk management, resource allocation and levelling, line of balance, monitoring and control, schedule compression and its impact on productivity. Time management software is used to plan and manage project activities. Practical tutorial activities are used extensively in this subject.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Prepare and implement a schedule of activities necessary to manage a project.
2. Implement planning processes to ensure projects are completed on time.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between time and other key factors such as cost, quality and risk.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of allocation of resources to projects.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of applying risk management techniques.
6. Demonstrate basic skills in the use time management software to manage projects.
There are no co-requisites.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|