This subject develops a mature understanding of the management of the processes associated with the production of contract documents particularly those that are integrated with cost management. There is an emphasis on emerging and innovative technologies and techniques that integrate activities such as complex building measurement with a range of information management tools. Strong links are developed with the construction industry through guest lectures and case studies of projects presented by industry professionals. Related aspects of professional practice are explored. Estimating from the contractor’s perspective is introduced and basic principles are explained and applied.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Apply the principles of measurement and estimating to more complex building measurement using digital technologies and tools.
2. Analyse and critically evaluate industry methods and practices associated with the production and use of contract documentation and discuss these in the context of established and emerging professional practice.
3. Apply general principles to the measurement of building quantities for varying purposes such as the preparation of builder's bills.
4. Price typical work items and demonstrate a good understanding of the components of construction costs.
5. Reflect on one's own learning experience and use that reflection to identify areas of knowledge, skill and practice personally considered important for the enhancement of one's career prospects and professional performance.
6. Provide preliminary advice to clients on the adoption of new management technologies and tools in the process of building procurement.
There are no co-requisites.
|Withdraw – Financial?||24/06/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||07/07/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||21/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/11/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||26/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||12/03/2020|