|Faculty:||Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine|
Productive occupations provide meaning and purpose in life, as well as improve physical and mental well-being. Productive occupations also reflect contributions to the community and a means to meet human needs. In this subject, you will engage in the occupational therapy role in the field of Work. Topics will include workplace physical and psychological injury prevention, risk management, ergonomics, return to work and pre-employment services, injury management, creating healthy workplaces, the ageing worker, and vocational rehabilitation. Working with a local business, you will apply your knowledge and skills on a weekly basis.
- Work within the context of an occupational therapy role in the field of Work and comply with relevant legislation.
- Apply ergonomic principles.
- Analyse job demands at the workplace in the context of physical and psychological worker fit.
- Apply skills in workplace injury prevention.
- Apply principles of workplace rehabilitation.
- Indicate principles of healthy workplace design.
There are no co-requisites
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- May 2023 [Standard - Occupational Therapy: Work]
- May 2022 [Standard - Occupational Therapy: Work]
- May 2021 [Standard - Occupational Therapy: Work]
- May 2020 [Standard - Occupational Therapy: Work]
- May 2019 [Standard - Occupational Therapy: Work]
- May 2018 [Situated - Occupational Therapy: Work]
- May 2017 [Standard - Occupational Therapy: Work]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|