Contemporary health care practice takes place in a multidisciplinary context where care is centred on the needs of the client / healthcare consumer. In this subject you will integrate your existing knowledge of body functions & structures in to an understanding of common health conditions. You will consider the pathology, epidemiology, prognosis and impact of physical & mental health disorders as well as death & dying. You will explore the multidisciplinary management of common health conditions, and articulate your potential role as a practitioner, referrer and care coordinator.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Describe the pathology, epidemiology, prognosis and presentation of common health conditions across the lifespan.
2. Differentiate the roles of different health professionals in the multidisciplinary management of health conditions.
3. Identify the potential role of your profession in managing common health conditions.
4. Develop your ability to access and appraise health literature.
5. Exemplify client-centred practice.
6. Demonstrate respect for the individual experience of clients.
No prior knowledge required