|Faculty:||Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine|
Engagement in occupation can lead to the development, redevelopment and maintenance of health, well-being, life skills, and meaning & purpose. In this subject you will further develop your understanding of occupation, including occupation analysis, performance analysis, and occupational adaptation. The subject will be framed within the Model of Human Occupation, incorporating principles of behaviour change, group work & skill development. You will also develop skills in planning & evaluation in the context of an occupational engagement project.
- Review the principles of occupational engagement, participation & adaptation.
- Apply occupational therapy assessment processes including occupational analysis, occupational performance. analysis, assessment of performance components and measures of competence & identity.
- Develop & apply skills in promoting occupational engagement.
- Demonstrate introductory skills in using an evaluation framework to monitor occupational adaptation.
- Exemplify the use of occupation as a therapeutic means.
There are no co-requisites
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|