Engagement in occupation can lead to the development, redevelopment and maintenance of health, well-being, life skills, and meaning & purpose. In this subject you will further develop your understanding of occupation, including occupation analysis, performance analysis, and occupational adaptation. The subject will be framed within the Model of Human Occupation, incorporating principles of behaviour change, group work & skill development. You will also develop skills in planning & evaluation in the context of an occupational engagement project.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Review the principles of occupational engagement, participation & adaptation.
2. Apply occupational therapy assessment processes including occupational analysis, occupational performance. analysis, assessment of performance components and measures of competence & identity.
3. Develop & apply skills in promoting occupational engagement.
4. Demonstrate introductory skills in using an evaluation framework to monitor occupational adaptation.
5. Exemplify the use of occupation as a therapeutic means.
OCTY71-100 - Foundations of Occupational Therapy AND OCTY71-103 - Enabling Environments: A Systems Approach (or concurrently)