The nutrition and dietetics professional placement internship (PPI) program is distributed across five subjects that collectively meet the professional placement accreditation requirements of the Dietitians Association of Australia. The PPI provides a minimum of 24 weeks professional practice in the fields of Individual Case Management (2 x PPIs), Food Service Management (1 x PPI), Community and Public Health Nutrition (1 x PPI) and an elective setting (1 x PPI). In this PPI, students perform Community and Public Health Nutrition (C&PHN) in settings such as community health centres for a minimum 4-week, full-time internship. This is performed under the supervision of an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) who is affiliated with and supported by Bond University. On completion of this PPI, students’ attainment of C&PHN competency is assessed by the Practice Supervisor in conjunction with both the C&PHN Lead and the Internship Coordinator at Bond University. Final assessment of C&PHN competency to determine fitness to practice and eligibility to graduate from the Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice (MNDP) program will occur in the final year of the MNDP program.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
|Study abroad||Not Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Conduct a needs assessment in community or public health nutrition.
2. Assess opportunities to improve nutrition and food supply in a community or population group.
3. Plan a nutrition program with a population group.
4. Develop plans to provide safe and nutritious food to a population group.
5. Implement a nutrition program with a population group.
6. Make recommendations on food and nutrition policy for a population group.
7. Evaluate a nutrition program with a population group.
8. Document and disseminate all steps of the public health nutrition process.
9. Demonstrate effective and appropriate skills in listening and communicating information, advice, education and professional opinion to individuals, groups and communities.
10. Demonstrate a professional, ethical and proactive approach advocating for excellence in nutrition and dietetics.
Please check the subject outline for pre-requisite subjects.
|Non-Standard Offering - Weeks 2 - 6||Non-Standard Offering - Weeks 7 - 11|
|Non-Standard Offering - Weeks 1 - 6||Non-Standard Offering - Weeks 7 - 12|