The purpose of the subject is to introduce students to the concepts used in combining multimedia components: 2D images, 3D modelling and animation, video, audio and interface design. It is expected that the principles learned in MMDE11-140 will be applied to the students' work and expanded upon to create rich multimedia productions.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Develop a solid comprehension of advanced 3D modelling constructs, knowledge of 3D spaces, basic anatomy and kinematics.
2. Acquire advanced skills in rendering photorealistic 3D scenes with 3D modelling software.
3. Acquire fundamental skills in designing and realising 3D models of fantasy characters.
4. Develop skills to take a 3D character and rig it for animation.
5. Explain and pracitcally demonstrate character walk cycles.
6. Acquired knowledge of the graphics pipeline from character/object conceptualisation to use in an animated film or game.
7. Posess knowledge of the technical issues and restrictions involved in creating film and game compatible 3D models.
There are no co-requisites.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.