This subject introduces students to the concepts needed for a career in 3D design. Students will be introduced to the fundamentals of modelling, texturing and rendering techniques required to create digital 3D models and cutting edge visualisation pipelines like Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and 3D printing. Students will learn industry standard concepts used across a multitude of 3D development tools and produce their own high quality portfolio work.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the graphics pipeline from 2D images to 3D models
2. Display solid comprehension of fundamental 3D modelling constructs and the Euclidian mathematics of 3D spaces.
3. Display fundamental skills in rendering photorealistic 3D scenes with 3D modelling software.
4. Display fundamental skills in designing and realising 3D models for 3D printing, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of the technical issues and restrictions involved in creating film, 3D fabrication and game compatible 3D models.
Future offerings not yet planned.