Globalisation challenges managers and employees to grapple with complex issues as they seek to gain competitiveness. The relationships between the external environment, organisational factors, and international HRM strategies and practices will be studied from both theoretical and practical perspectives. The subject will include topics such as strategic issues for international HRM, HRM in a variety of international organisational forms, cross-cultural issues, and expatriate management.
This course provides an opportunity for students to explore international dimensions of the core aspects of Human Resource Management, such as linkage with international business strategy and structure, recruitment, compensation and reward management, training and development, performance management, and industrial relations. The focus of the course is on the practice of IHRM in the multinational enterprise (MNE), considering the complexities and critical challenges encountered in (1.) the general HR multinational context, (2.) managing and supporting international assignments, and (3.) addressing global HR issues.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Explain the functions of and international implications for human resource managers including workforce planning, job analysis & design, staffing, compensation & benefits, performance management, training & development and related responsibilities.
2. Evaluate the fit (i.e., alignment) between an organisation’s strategy and its human resources management practices.
3. Assess the impact of differing cultural, legal, social, political, economic and other environmental factors on international human resource management.
4. Apply appropriate evidence-based principles and best practices to address international human resource management issues.
5. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a group to complete a professional report.
6. Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information in a clear, concise, professionally written report.
7. Deliver a clear, concise well-organised presentation using suitable visual aids.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|