Planning and control process of organisations, particularly the financially orientated aspects that emanate from the preparation of business plans and budgets, are considered. This considers both financial measures and non-financial approaches such as Balanced Scorecard. The assignment of responsibilities in accordance with strategic aims and the subsequent design of congruent control system is emphasized (including the Levers of the Control System, Working Capital Management and Shareholder Value Analysis). The design of such control systems includes coverage of the particular levels of responsibility, variance reporting and performance incentive schemes.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Subject fees||Offshore program fee|
1. Explain the control function of management and its role in the operation of organisations
2. Learn management control alternatives, and assess their effects in different organisational contexts
3. Learn the financial results control systems, outline their purpose, and explain their advantages and disadvantages as management control methods
4. Identify performance measurement techniques, and know the issues related to their application
5. Apply current management accounting control concepts and techniques in business decision-making
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
Must be admitted into a BBT/MBA Program
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Non-Standard Offering - Bond BBT|
|Withdraw – Financial?||23/08/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||25/08/2019|
|Non-Standard Offering - Bond-BBT|
|Withdraw – Financial?||24/09/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/10/2019|