Expanding on the creative practice theory and production skills acquired in previous FITV subjects, this subject develops higher level proficiencies in short film production, with a specific focus on advanced editing techniques, on-set production skills, and higher level strategies for developing an improved command of visual narrative literacy. This is a hands-on production subject. You will be making a short film, editing scenes from previously shot films, you will learn to work with other people in a collaborative creative partnership, you will learn various industry production standards for professional roles, crew hierarchy, and how to function as an industry practitioner.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
|Study abroad||Not Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Demonstrate higher level editing approaches and techniques.
2. Apply advanced editing techniques to dramatic scenes.
3. Identify a range of 'moments' in narrative films.
4. Apply advanced on-set productions techniques.
5. Operate film production equipment in a professional manner
FITV11-100 - Screen Production 1 AND FITV12-210 - Screenwriting 2